Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica : Remaining Questions before Season 4.5

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Battlestar Galactica : Remaining Questions before Season 4.5

Figured we could start a new thread discussing the questions that have been left unanswered before the next half of the season arrives...in 2009...

Warning: Spoilers below if you haven't seen through 4.10 - Revelations.

Format: Please copy and past the list so that the latest entry in the thread contains all entries.

Note: I did pull some of these from another board, so I can't take credit for all of them.

Who's the final cylon?

Does D'anna's claim that the 5th wasn't on Galactica mean that she/he was a) on the civilian fleet, or b) on the basestar (meaning: Roslin, Helo or Baltar - did I miss somebody?)?

How are the Final Five from earth; especially if they have aged and earth has been "dead" for a long while?

Where are Cavil's cylons?

What's the deal with Starbuck and her raptor?

What happened to earth?

What is the significance of the opera house?

What Six is in the vision of the opera house (Caprica, BSG Cell, other, etc.)?

Is there significance to the Tigh-Six baby?

Has Laura broken the prophecy?

How did all of the signs (arrow, eye, Starbuck's visions) become place if earth has been dead?

Will there be war with the remaining cylons?
Old 07-02-08, 09:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only question I'm really interested in is will the writers be able to recapture the "mojo" they had going in the first and second seasons or will it be more of the same/recent stuff

Regarding the 5th Cylon I was getting the sense that it might be someone they'll meet on [the way to] Earth, not someone who was currently amongst them.
Old 07-02-08, 09:33 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will grace park do naked tai chi again...?

WILL SHE!?!?
Old 07-02-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Will the writers wrap up this show in one episode so I can move on?
Old 07-02-08, 11:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
correction: Starbuck's VIPER, not raptor.
Old 07-06-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will they find some charred remains of flying motorcycles?
Old 07-07-08, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How much of their fanbase are they going to lose by making them wait so fraking long for the final episodes?
Old 07-07-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will they learn to play baseball?
Old 07-08-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
How much of their fanbase are they going to lose by making them wait so fraking long for the final episodes?
We waited nearly as long between the end of s3 and the beginning of s4, though we did have Razor in the middle of that. Similarly, they are considering doing up to three more tv-movies between now and 2009, with the first one pretty much greenlit.
Old 07-09-08, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by milo bloom
We waited nearly as long between the end of s3 and the beginning of s4, though we did have Razor in the middle of that. Similarly, they are considering doing up to three more tv-movies between now and 2009, with the first one pretty much greenlit.
Yes, but after S3, people anxiously were anticipating S4. After the quality of the first 10, the grumbling posts on here lead me to believe that many fans will jump ship instead of waiting (at least from reading the episode threads posted).

Honestly I didn't care for Razor and if the "movies" don't move the main storyline forward, I don't care. Why produce these extra BSG productions when they have the back 10 to do? Probably because SciFi suspects that they can sucker more viewers into watching with inferior storylines for these movies instead of tying up the series and releasing these "movies" later.
Old 07-09-08, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by An4h0ny
will grace park do naked tai chi again...?

WILL SHE!?!?
Will Helo??
Old 07-09-08, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Yes, but after S3, people anxiously were anticipating S4. After the quality of the first 10, the grumbling posts on here lead me to believe that many fans will jump ship instead of waiting (at least from reading the episode threads posted).

Honestly I didn't care for Razor and if the "movies" don't move the main storyline forward, I don't care. Why produce these extra BSG productions when they have the back 10 to do? Probably because SciFi suspects that they can sucker more viewers into watching with inferior storylines for these movies instead of tying up the series and releasing these "movies" later.
The back ten of S4 are shot, they just finished shooting. One of the reasons they may be holding onto them is it will allow them to amortize the expense over two fiscal years instead of just one.

As for the movies, RDM has said the S4 finale will end the story, but there's still plenty of room for things that happened "just offscreen". I thought Razor was a great little addition to the show's canon, and the first movie is rumored to be a
Spoiler:
Cylon centric story set during S1.
There's also the prequel series in the works, Caprica, set 50 years before the current series. They're shooting/just shot the two hour pilot fairly recently, there's pics out on the web if you go looking for them.

I agree it would be nice to see the back ten this fall, but that will mean going up against the big network new seasons, and the ratings are bad enough as it is. They seem to do a little better starting in Jan/Feb and on Friday nights.
Old 07-09-08, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by milo bloom

I agree it would be nice to see the back ten this fall, but that will mean going up against the big network new seasons, and the ratings are bad enough as it is. They seem to do a little better starting in Jan/Feb and on Friday nights.
Normally, I'd agree, but it's the final 10. If the ratings are bad it's not like they are going to cancel the show or pull the remaining x that were already shot.
Old 07-10-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just made myself chuckle. After reading what some of the cast have said about the final episodes, I'm envisioning a "Previously on Battlestar Galactica" that lasts about 20 minutes for the last two episodes.
Old 09-25-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't want to start a new thread, but saw this snippet of an interview with Aaron Douglas (Tyrol) that I thought I'd share as a bit of insight into the upcoming season. It seems he let slip something he wasn't necessarily supposed to (probably forgot what has already aired). It isn't HUGE, but it is juicy enough to warrant warning.

From http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38471

Spoiler:
Q. Tell me this. Do we ever get to see the Cylon homeworld?

AARON DOUGLAS: You did at the end of the middle of season four.

Q. (pause) Wow! Really? You’re saying Earth is the Cylon homeworld?

AD: Earth, in the scriptures, is the Cylon homeworld. Yeah, they say they found evidence, they found other people, and they’re all Cylon. Or they found bones and stuff, scattered all around, and they’re Cylon.

Q. Wow!

AD: Did you not listen to that – did you not watch that?

Q. That was not made clear! Yeah, I missed that! Yeah! I saw everybody standing around …

AD: Watch the last 10 minutes. They say, when they’re digging in the, all that kind of stuff.

Q. The last thing they showed was everybody looking pissed because everything looks destroyed. I didn’t get that they were pissed because everything was Cylon. Everything was destroyed because there was like a Cylon civil war that caused them to go forth and …

AD: Tune in and watch.

Also, he had this to say:
Originally Posted by Aaron Douglas
I gotta tell ya, if you liked season two better than season one and season three better than season two and on and on and on, you will love the back 10 of season four and you will love how the show ends. When the show ends, you will not want it to continue. It is the most perfect ending in the history of TV. I fully, firmly believe it, and I do not want to see any more. I want it to just be over. I want the last time you see all these characters to be the last time. It’s just absolutely breathtaking and it’s perfect.
Old 09-25-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thems mighty strong words. Talk about setting expectations hight.
Old 09-25-08, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Didn't Aaron Douglas also spill the beans about Callie getting killed off while he was at a convention?