Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

STEELHEART DRUMMER "EXPECTED TO PASS BY THIS COMING FRIDAY":

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, and just a note for those who actually who even heard of this band, I received a call yesterday from an old friend re: this story and it's a damn shame. I have not talked to John in a lot of years but will raise a drink tonight....

March 19, 2008

Micah Sheveloff, bandmate of original Steelheart drummer John Fowler, has sent the following to Sleaze Roxx regarding John's medical condition:

This past Monday, dear friend and Voodoo Jets drummer John Fowler suffered a brain aneurism and is currently on life support in hospital. Doctors informed us today that John will not survive and is expected to pass by this coming Friday. I can't even express the sorrow and the loss that I feel... and that I have seen from John's family, friends, and various associated musicians who ALL love him dearly. John's family has asked that everyone who wishes to say goodbye please visit him at Danbury hospital ( Connecticut ) 7th floor ICU.

The Voodoo Jets was a special project and time for me thanks to both Francesco and John--two colorful and gifted human beings who I was blessed to have recorded and gigged with for over 5 years. John's many band mates from Steelheart, Smoke, and others all loved working with him because of his passion, skill, and unpredictable creative outbursts.

Please join myself and all who knew John in both celebrating his greatness and mourning the loss of a very special person.

Micah Sheveloff
Old 03-20-08, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The thread topic reads like he's driving through town.
Old 03-20-08, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by NORML54601
The thread topic reads like he's driving through town.
I keep reading it as "EXCITED..."
I liked the band back in the day but this was the end of the hair metal days so they were all pretty much interchangeable by then.
Old 03-20-08, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have the Steelheart and Tangled in Reins CDs. I used to listen to them back in the day but I say it's been close to 15 years since I listened to the whole CDs. I do hear I'll Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes) from time to time on one of those Power Ballads CDs. Sad to hear about him.
Old 03-21-08, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad news. Steelheart rocked.