Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica Razor flashback mini-eps discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Battlestar Galactica Razor flashback mini-eps discussion

I didn't find any threads or even comments on the 2 minute flashback episodes currently being run Friday nights during Flash Gordon (main reason why nobody is talking about them? ) and also available at scifi.com: http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

Well, I think I just had a geekasm with the third episode. Classic cylon raiders, classic vipers, and (I think) Battlestars that are a cross between classic and modern. There was more action in the latest mini-ep than a lot of the third season!

Anybody else watching?
Old 10-26-07, 05:29 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts
I just caught it. Mini-episode 4 tonight. Rumor has it, you'll see some old school shiny toaster-like CGI cylons in action.
Old 10-26-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,429 Likes on 1,043 Posts
Yeah, I figured since there wasn't already a thread, I figured starting one would just devolve into bitching about the lack of S3 DVDs and the April start of S4.

But yeah, I needed some new shorts after that third ep, that was smokin!
Old 10-27-07, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually just watched the 1st 3, all I can say is this makes me miss the show even more ......Just enough to leave you wanting more......
Old 10-27-07, 02:01 AM

OK scratch that I just finished the 4th.....Man I wish I could catch these in HD.....These are some good episodes so far even though there isnt much to them.
Old 10-27-07, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Wow. I'm geeking out here. Ha! I'm loving the old school toasters. This upcoming season can't come soon enough.
Old 10-27-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, Adama loves using pipes to beat down Cylons. Awesome to see an old school toaster actually look like it could do some damage instead of just clunking around.
Old 10-27-07, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts
You know, if they thought these out right, they could do quite a few of these "events". While the man BSG storyline is winding down, there's still a lot of backstory that can be explored.

Loved the nod to the original series "gun on ice planet zero" storyline, one of the best from the old show.
Old 10-28-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

cool stuff. so are these just web exclusives or are they going to be in Razor? Either way it's cool to see the original war with the older ships and cylons in a way less cheesy than the original series (I know I'll catch flack for saying that but I just can't get into the original series )
Oh and the guy playing the young Adama does a pretty good Edward James Olmos impression

Last edited by Cardiff Giant11; 10-28-07 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-28-07, 09:52 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
cool stuff. so are these just web exclusives or are they going to be in Razor? Either way it's cool to see the original war with the older ships and cylons in a way less cheesy than the original series (I know I'll catch flack for saying that but I just can't get into the original series )
Oh and the guy playing the young Adama does a pretty good Edward James Olmos impression
I thought I read somewhere that these will either be included on the S3 dvd or on the razor dvd.. don't remember which.
Old 11-05-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I thought I read somewhere that these will either be included on the S3 dvd or on the razor dvd.. don't remember which.
Just read it this morning: they'll be on the Razor DVD.

As to the mini-eps: We're finally getting the history leading up to the human version Cylons and the decades long silence. Cool stuff. I just wish it could get it's own movie instead of about 15 minutes.
Old 11-05-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Just read it this morning: they'll be on the Razor DVD.

As to the mini-eps: We're finally getting the history leading up to the human version Cylons and the decades long silence. Cool stuff. I just wish it could get it's own movie instead of about 15 minutes.
hell i'd love to see an entire series about wtf the cylons were up to for 40 years. That or a series about the first cylon war and the events leading up to it.
Weird seeing the resurrection pool. Begs the question why didn't Adama immediately know cylons can look like humans in the mini series?
Old 11-05-07, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

hell i'd love to see an entire series about wtf the cylons were up to for 40 years. That or a series about the first cylon war and the events leading up to it.
Weird seeing the resurrection pool. Begs the question why didn't Adama immediately know cylons can look like humans in the mini series?
From what we've seen, there's been nothing to definitively say that's what they're doing. They could simply be experimenting on humans or just torturing them.
Old 11-05-07, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I watched Razor already it was pretty good, you mean these lil episodes or whatever are something extra then huh.
Old 11-05-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
WARNING: Spoilers from the actual episode.

Spoiler:
unfortunately, it doesn't really do that. it does talk a little about the end of the first cylon war with some human experimentation and some other stuff, but the bulk of it was about the "Razor" mission which was when Apollo was in command of Pegasus. It also had flashbacks to the beginning of the war when the Pegasus was first attacked and some of the things that they did, though some of it was referenced to in previous BSG episodes.

Spoiler:
Well, in a flashback, it shows Adama at the end of the first cylon war which shows experimentation on humans, but nothing concrete showing that they where able to make cylons look like humans. The pool, as i understand it in the context of the first cylon war, is not the same as the resurrection pool, but rather a place to store human experiments.

I also found it interesting about Starbuck that at the end
Spoiler:
the guy in the pool said that she would bring about the end of mankind (can't remember the exact words), and naturally, when Kendra tried to call back to Apollow, the cylons cut communications
Old 11-06-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

not going to read the spoilers, looking forward to being "shocked and awed" in a couple of weeks
Old 11-19-07, 01:24 PM

i'm with you, Cardiff Giant. i've been sticking my fingers in my ears and humming loudly ever since a few friends saw Razor in NYC last week. i've been *patiently* waiting for months and want to be spoiler free for the Sci Fi premiere on saturday night.

for the record, however, my fellow BSG junkies said it was fantastic... and even gave a few season 4 hints! woot! can't. frickin'. wait.
Old 11-19-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For you D.Pham00 regarding Starbuck

Spoiler:
He called her the "Harbinger of Death" if that's what you were asking

Yes I saw Razor and yes it was frackin awesome. You guys are in for a real treat.
Old 11-19-07, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw it in Evanston last week also, great little between season treat. I think they could keep the franchise going for a while doing DTDVD shows like this.
Old 11-19-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So sticking to the flashbacks until after it airs Sat, looks like the final one has Adama seeing what looks like the current gen Basestar leaving the planet and then finding out the war is over? Weird.
Old 11-20-07, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Saw Razor in San Jose last week. When we finally saw the

Spoiler:
crashed old-school raider and centurions,

the audience hooted and clapped.
Old 11-24-07, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

hmm watched it tonight, interesting but raised more questions than answers. Definitely enjoyed it, especially the spoilerized stuff previous posters mentioned.
Spoiler:
by your command; i expected someone to say "yaren" at some point after seeing that