Smallville -- "Nemesis" -- 04/26/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-07, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Nemesis" -- 04/26/07

"Nemesis"
Spoiler:
After Jodi, the wife of a Special Forces soldier, sets off a pipe bomb in one of Lex's secret labs, Lionel is severely injured and Lex is taken hostage by the enraged spouse. Claiming Lex kidnapped her missing husband, Jodi threatens to blow up the entire lab with Lex inside unless he tells her where her husband is. Clark sets off to rescue Lex, but is immediately felled by the kryptonite lining the earthen walls. Lex and Clark realize the only way they will make it out alive is by helping each other.

Originally Aired: April 26, 2007
Old 04-26-07, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
was that Helo?
Old 04-26-07, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure was.
Old 04-26-07, 08:23 PM

I loved the scene with Lex looking at his watch, I actually busted out laughing
Old 04-26-07, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lana is getting more and more hard core. If Lex had any questions that Clark is anything but a human, this would be the episode to help invalidate any of his suspicions.
Old 04-26-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
"You didn't actually think I'd leave you here?"

OK episode. Was hoping Lionel would give Lana more than that but I guess he made his point. It is hard to believe that Lex is actually being triple-teamed since he still can do whatever he wants.
Old 04-26-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good episode. We needed some Lex/Clark alone time after everything that has happened.

This is easily the best season since Season 2 for me. Although, judging by the preview, the string of good episodes will end next week.
Old 04-26-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
was that Helo?
Thank you! I'm normally great at that stuff, but for some reason I was having a brainfart on him. I was thinking "I know him... who is that guy?"
Old 04-26-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
I thought he was gonna leave him for dead!! Seriously!

Pretty good episode. I totally didn't see Clark becoming ill and having to fight his way out.

I'm gonna assume next week is some sort of one-off that won't have anything to do with the overall storyline. While this would be unfortunate, I would rather it be something fun and independent rather than something like the unforgetable (really, I wish it were) vampire episode.

I'm sure the last two will be awsome though if they are anything like this season has been.

I'm going to guess Clark give Lex another chance and it screws over earth. Unleashes something, or leaves Clark at the mercy of the phantom zone creatures.

Any guesses on supersoldier? Lex trying to create an army based on meteor powers?

Oh yeah - last week was the doc at the end judging? Or was he part of Lex's plan? He seemed genuine until he berated Lana for blackmailing the Luthor family.
Old 04-26-07, 09:54 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, the video showed a phantom zoner, so I'm guessing Lex is somehow collecting them and meshing them into 1 super-soldier - Helo. And I'll bet you a nickel Clark ends up fighting him!
Old 04-26-07, 11:20 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Maybe Lex is creating the cylons

I thought this ep was boring for the most part.
Old 04-27-07, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
The show at its best really...or damn near it.
Old 04-27-07, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Lex said he saw what happened when he hit Clark with the chisel. So Lex knows that Clark is at least part freak ?
Old 04-27-07, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
OK episode.
Originally Posted by MrX
I thought this ep was boring for the most part.
Originally Posted by hdtv00
The show at its best really...or damn near it.
Originally Posted by Puzznic
Good episode. This is easily the best season since Season 2 for me.
Appears to be a love it or hate it episode. I loved it. I'd probably place it right next to the Justice League episode as the best two of the season.

Every actor was firing on all cylinders. Lana/Kristen was as good as, if not, better than she's ever been. A definite change of pace since probably sometime last season. The character building moments between Lex and Clark were top notch. Welling and Rosenbaum played great off each other. Chloe was under-utilized but strong in the scenes she was in... as always. Same with Lionel, who has been pretty much a waste this season, but was great with the little screen time he had in this one.

In the end, I agree with Puzznic. "easily the best season since Season 2."
Old 04-27-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
I'm definitely going to have to go back and look at some of the older stuff. Was S2 the introduction of the caves and Dr. Swan? If I recall more of the mythology became introduced.

It's kinda weird, because when Lex and Clark kept talking about being friends in the past, etc. I can't pin-point where exactly their friendship began to go downhill.

I did really enjoy Lex's comment to Clark about everything being black and white to him. There is no grey area. Tells you that, at least on some level, Lex thinks he's doing good. He probably knows he's doing some low down deeds to get there, but hey - you gotta break a few yokes.
Old 04-27-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, their relationship was a slow and steady decline. I do distinctly remember an episode from last season(I think, might have been season 4) where Lex drew the line on the friendship. Took place in a greenhouse that Lex owned. He told Clark their friendship was over and he was never allowed to waltz in unannounced anymore. Damned if I can remember the episode though.
Old 04-28-07, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
The first major tiff they had was at the end of season 3 when Clark finds out the "clark room" in the luthor mansion
Old 04-28-07, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Didn't Helo come out in a previous season episode? Was that the same character he played before? I vaguely remember him in a hospital bed...
Old 04-28-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yeah, their relationship was a slow and steady decline. I do distinctly remember an episode from last season(I think, might have been season 4) where Lex drew the line on the friendship. Took place in a greenhouse that Lex owned. He told Clark their friendship was over and he was never allowed to waltz in unannounced anymore. Damned if I can remember the episode though.
the one with the female park ranger who controlled plants
Old 04-28-07, 07:44 AM

I thought it was fantastic!
Old 04-28-07, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by GuessWho
the one with the female park ranger who controlled plants

You are right, it was "Wither." Here is a snip from a review from google describing the scene:

One thing that I especially liked in this episode was the character development for the main characters... It was awesome to see Lex finally showing real animosity toward Clark while not under the influence of some outside force. Some of the problems I had last season with the growing rift between the two men was that it seemed to come and go, depending on the needs of the story. Sometimes Clark still went to Lex and asked for favors and other times he would go out of his way to show Lex how much he distrusted him. Hopefully Lex's confrontation with Clark in the greenhouse meant that won't be a problem this year.
Whole review of that episode.

Here is the exact quote: "Clark, the days of you barging into my home and making accusations are over!"

I'm sure they've thrown variations of that line at us multiple times, but with the tense scene and Rosenbaum's delivery during this one made it stand out. So for me, personally, that scene was the turning point in the friendship. Like the reviewer pointed out, prior to that the relationship was inconsistent. After that scene they have pretty much been each others Nemesis.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 04-28-07 at 08:05 AM.