Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

NBA Finals dvd sets

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-07, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NBA Finals dvd sets

The 2007 series is out July 17th...

Does anyone know beyond that, preferably Bulls sets, 1991 came out in January, how about 1992?

If noone has any info on that set, then could i have info on any other teams NBA finals series sets?

Thanks
Old 04-08-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also interested...I'd like to eventually pick up all six of the Bulls sets, once they release them. I've got 1991 at the moment.
Old 04-08-07, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another huge bulls fan over here. I just picked up the 91 set a few weeks ago, plus I have the dynasty set chronicling all six titles, which of course is a great set, but i would love a set done similar to the 91 individual set for the other 5 titles.
Old 04-09-07, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Another huge bulls fan over here. I just picked up the 91 set a few weeks ago, plus I have the dynasty set chronicling all six titles, which of course is a great set, but i would love a set done similar to the 91 individual set for the other 5 titles.

What is the quality of the 91 set like? I have a 106 cm plasma and would like to know or if you cant let me know for that size tv, can you let me know anyhow?

Because i have got the Bulls 1990s dynasty series, the highlights dvd and the 6 games werent of the best quality and that was watched on a 51cm but when i watched it on a 17 inch laptop screen, the quality was pretty good...

Any info will be appreciated...
Old 04-09-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have the Bulls set specifically, but I do have the '89 Pistons set. The PQ on all of these sets is (by contemporary standards) going to be relatively rough. Older video tape just doesn't translate well to digital format, as it has a natural tendency to fade and lose resolution over time. And obviously, the older the video source, the worse it is going to be in digital. My advice is just to watch it on smaller displays, or accept that it will look a bit soft on a larger display.

That having been said, the '89 Pistons set doesn't look nearly as bad as I expected it would, and is pretty watchable on my 42" plasma.

The NBA Finals sets that Warner has released so far include the '85 Lakers-Celtics, the '89 Pistons-Lakers, the '91 Bulls-Lakers, the '94 Rockets-Knicks, and the '06 Heat-Mavericks.

My hopes are for a '75 Warriors-Bullets, '76 Celtics-Suns, '77 Blazers-Sixers, '79 Sonice-Bullets, '80 Lakers-Sixers, and '93 Bulls-Suns. I don't know if any or all of those are on the horizon, however, as Warner seems a bit iffy on older vintage releases, so far.
Old 04-10-07, 07:14 PM

The quality on the newer Bulls set is better than the Dynasty Series set, mainly because it appears the transfers were taken straight from the NBA's tapes and not from the ESPN Classic Sports broadcasts, which also sacreligiously cut out parts of the games.
Old 04-10-07, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Whitebeard
The quality on the newer Bulls set is better than the Dynasty Series set, mainly because it appears the transfers were taken straight from the NBA's tapes and not from the ESPN Classic Sports broadcasts, which also sacreligiously cut out parts of the games.
Hopefully that's a trend that continues.
Old 04-11-07, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
Hopefully that's a trend that continues.
Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the 1985 Lakers set is supposed to be missing the first half of Game One.
Old 04-12-07, 08:19 AM

I ordered and paid for the 91 set yesterday and hopefully i can add the 2007 set in July, not bloody likely though, as we dont have any post presence and have to rely on jump shots...

Hopefully the Knicks can lose their remaining games and teams with 31-32 wins can win some games, so the Knicks can end up with the 5th-6th worst record which will give them a great chance at winning the lottery and the Bulls can have a chance at drafting Oden or Durant, dont you just love John Paxson?

All we did was trade Curry and Antonio Davis for Sweetney, Tim Thomas and the 2006 and 2007 first round draft picks which we drafted Tyrus Thomas and ???

Disaster for the Knicks could've been averted if their idiotic GM had made the picks top 10 protected because say we do win the lottery and draft Oden or Durant, you'd be pretty pissed off if you were a Knick fan knowing that you could have had TT and Oden or Durant, lol...