Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Usual Suspects Question (DVD, not film, related)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there an R1 two-discer of the usual suspects? It seems to be available on amazon but there is no photo, and i am starting to get very confused. Is there one, and if so, where is a reliable source i can buy it from?
Old 04-04-07, 07:19 PM

Yeah, that would be the SE. That had, I believe, the film on one side and the special features on the other.
Old 04-04-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not yet. There's that SE that's a single disc flipper that Running Man mentioned, but there was supposed to be a new 2-disc edition that was briefly announced a few months back but never really materialized.
Old 04-04-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^

I think that was a victim of the switchover to Fox for DVD/BD distribution. I believe that was announced while Sony had distribution rights to MGM titles and was scheduled to appear after Fox took over.

I suspect we'll see it one of these days, but like Fish Called Wanda, it may be a while before it appears.
Old 04-06-07, 03:38 AM

R1 SE disc really have sides A and B. But you can find 2-disc edition in R2 if that's an option for you. British, Dutch and French SE releases all have 2 discs.
Old 04-06-07, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
^

I think that was a victim of the switchover to Fox for DVD/BD distribution. I believe that was announced while Sony had distribution rights to MGM titles and was scheduled to appear after Fox took over.

I suspect we'll see it one of these days, but like Fish Called Wanda, it may be a while before it appears.
No, it was already in the hands of Fox I am pretty sure, since my memory is claiming that Silence of the Lambs and Fish Called Wanda were announced prior to Suspects.

I hate to think this (seeing as it will be a long time then) but seeing as Singer and McQuarrie recently sold a script to UA -- a company owned by MGM -- perhaps they are waiting for that movie to be ready before releasing this 2-discer. In any case they should hurry the hell up because in the meantime I don't have a copy and I'm not dropping $15 on something that is positively definitely going to get re-released.