Heroes - 10/02/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-06, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Heroes - 10/02/06

"Don't Look Back"
Spoiler:
A Los Angeles policeman hears the cries of a little girl on his beat; Claire almost reveals her secret ability to the school.

Cast: Sendhil Ramamurthy, Milo Ventimiglia, Adrian Pasdar, Hayden Panettiere, Ali Larter, Noah Gray-Cabey, Santiago Cabrera, Tawny Cypress, Masi Oka, Greg Grunberg, Clea DuVall, Nora Zehetner.

Original Airdate: October 2, 2006.

Heroes
Old 10-02-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well since "25 million" people watched last week (ya...) should be another great episode
Old 10-02-06, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Wow. That many? Makes you wonder how Smallville would have done on a major network.

Just watched the premier yesterday. Pretty solid. Not great but shows promise. I think they need to develop the current crop of characters more before they introduce more(like the previews state). It was all character development and no actual plot yet, hopefully tonight they at least touch bigger things to come while developing the current cast first.

This show also reeks from Lost-itis. On Lost you have an Iraqi, on Heros you have an Indian. On Lost you have a Korean, on Heroes you have a Japanese guy. Not that it is bad, it's great, it makes the show more realistic. As realistic as a superhero show can be I guess. It is just blatantly obvious.

If they did this show 4 years ago, you would have never seen either character, much less had subtitles. More than likely the Japanese character would have spoken English and the Indian guy would have been a sidekick not a main character.

If anything kudos goes to Lost for introducing(bringing to the mainstream) us to multi-national casts.
Old 10-02-06, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
If anything kudos goes to Lost for introducing(bringing to the mainstream) us to multi-national casts.
The only "Lost-ish" aspect I would not enjoy is huge amounts of flashbacks that had other characters subtly intertwines in each other's pasts. It's a superhero show right? They should all just get together by strange coincidence, start fighting each other, and then agree to work together when NY is burning.
Old 10-02-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by vinhj
The only "Lost-ish" aspect I would not enjoy is huge amounts of flashbacks that had other characters subtly intertwines in each other's pasts. It's a superhero show right? They should all just get together by strange coincidence, start fighting each other, and then agree to work together when NY is burning.
That was another thing that reminded me of Lost. All the characters inadvertently bumping into each other. I don't think we will get any flashbacks because these are the introductions to the characters/powers.
Old 10-02-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question #1 .. how does big bad
Spoiler:
dad get from TX to NY so quickly?
Old 10-02-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice to see Nora Zehetner again. She seriously needs to eat a carrot or something.

Wow, Clea DuVall. Sad when the support is better than the main cast.

Last edited by Ayre; 10-02-06 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-02-06, 08:39 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Brain pan.

Old 10-02-06, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Alot to take in for me since i watched the pilot and tonights ep back to back but i like it so far.
Old 10-02-06, 09:04 PM

Great ending. Didn't see that one coming. Enjoying the show. And Ali Larter is hot.
Old 10-02-06, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nora Zehetner could be Rachel Bilson's sister, they really share similar looks.

Found the episode pretty compelling, and they do leave you wanting more.

Hiro cracks me up.

Parkman can't buy a break. He's got to be the unsexiest telepath ever.

Flying bro's seems weird, but I guess if their genes come from the same mix, I guess, why not.

Anyone see "GATTACA" streaming from that hard drive's contents?
Old 10-02-06, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the subtitles kind of bother me, but i guess i sometimes get lost reading the subtitles when i'm trying to pay attention to the show.

that whole scene when the cheerleader gets her world rocked and her head was on backwards was pretty crazy.
Old 10-02-06, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, why did some characters jump a month, a few hours, etc, but others like the cheerleader did not?

Who played the female FBI agent, or whatever she was?

Last edited by Snowmaker; 10-02-06 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-02-06, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That was Stacy Haiduk, no stranger to shows featuring super powers since she played Lana Lang on "Superboy" in the early 1990's.
Old 10-02-06, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
So, why did some characters jump a month, a few hours, etc, but others like the cheerleader did not?
Spoiler:
I'm thinking it has to do with the powers...Ali Larter's mirror image/alter ego probably took her over for those 4 hours (the time between the stop light and airport parking lot) It would explain the garage clean up. As for Hiro...my guess is that he's probably not too good at teleporting yet. He got to NY but he didn't factor time into it, just the distance aspect.
Old 10-02-06, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
The comic book at the beginning was a nice touch though I was thinking - "I could be reading one right now instead of watching this boring show.'

I thought it was ok though, will keep giving the show a chance.
Old 10-02-06, 09:25 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
WRT Hiro, he obviously teleported himself to NYC -- 5 weeks in the future, where he was just in time to find Isaac's brainless body, learn of Nathan's election, and see the apocalypse. Then he wound up right back where he started -- 5 weeks prior to all of those things, in the present. My guess is from here, he goes to NY to find Isaac and try to prevent the apocalypse.
Old 10-02-06, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
That was Stacy Haiduk, no stranger to shows featuring super powers since she played Lana Lang on "Superboy" in the early 1990's.
Ah, SeaQuest. That's where I knew her from.

What the hell was Superboy? I sure don't remember that one.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 10-02-06 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-02-06, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
That episode REALLY hit its stride.

BTW, anyone notice when Mohabir was looking at the contents of the flash drive the gaps in the data formed a squiggly line with one bar up and 2 down, IMMEDIATLY after that we flashed to Walsh standing by the pool with the exact same shape being formed by the vacume hose and some floaties, and the male nurse drew the same shape in his stick figure page.

What are your thoughts on the brain eating killer?

After week 1 I was iffy, after today, this has become a MUST SEE show, which is cool because Prison Break has always been a 'background' show
Old 10-02-06, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
BTW, good to see that the nuke attack is only 5 weeks away, so were not gonna have this part of the show drawn out for a couple of years
Old 10-02-06, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know about others, but like Tommy Ceez said, this is a MUST SEE show.
Old 10-02-06, 09:43 PM

Very cool episode. I was surprised they could show the neatly sawed-off heads.
Old 10-02-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hannibal Lecter, is that you?
Old 10-02-06, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
That episode REALLY hit its stride.

BTW, anyone notice when Mohabir was looking at the contents of the flash drive the gaps in the data formed a squiggly line with one bar up and 2 down, IMMEDIATLY after that we flashed to Walsh standing by the pool with the exact same shape being formed by the vacume hose and some floaties, and the male nurse drew the same shape in his stick figure page.

What are your thoughts on the brain eating killer?

After week 1 I was iffy, after today, this has become a MUST SEE show, which is cool because Prison Break has always been a 'background' show
There was also a picture in the artist's studio with that figure.
Old 10-02-06, 10:20 PM

This episode definetly brought this up from "I'll stay tuned to see what happens" status to "I can't wait for the next episode". Best of the new shows for me (although I'm not comparing it to too many others).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.