Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

One Tree Hill - 4/19/06 - Everyday Is Like Sunday Evening

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 09:12 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Tree Hill - 4/19/06 - Everyday Is Like Sunday Evening

Hello, I didn't see a thread for this episode yet so I figured I'd start one. Decent episode I thought, although Sentimental Mouth is really getting on my nerves.

Shawn
Old 04-20-06, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
I couldn't care less about Peyton at this point. Everything else was good. to beer commercial Rachel.

Last edited by Red Dog; 04-20-06 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-20-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Didnt catch where Lucas disappeared to?
Old 04-20-06, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Didnt catch where Lucas disappeared to?
I think the producers sent him off for acting lessons after last week's episode. And yes, Mouth is really annoying lately. How many times is he gonna let Rachel play him like that? Either get over her and move on or get together with Brooke and have some "pie".
Old 04-20-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brooke played mouth the same way.

Funny, a show that is so self-righteous would stereotype "unattractive" people as being losers and attractive people as being winners. Mouth also got dumped by the president of student council (before brooke).
Old 04-20-06, 11:48 AM
Cool New Member

They said that Karen and Lucas "just got in the car and drove". Apparently to recover from the loss of Keith (I'll never forgive the show for that) and to get Lucas away from the game.
Old 04-20-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It was weird having the narration done by Nathan, but in the past 3 years, he's probably the character who's changed the most, going from punk-ass jock to someone much more responsible and accountable. Lucas, OTOH, went from being on the high road, to someone more conflicted in doing what's right when it goes counter to his own desires. I didn't miss Karen or Lucas in this episode.

I have no idea why Peyton thinks the world will end when Sunday comes and she has to leave Savannah, but if they want to write her out of the show, this is how it'll play out, with her moving down to Savannah and going to the design/art college in that town while Jake sort out the custody.

Brooke was in good form in this episode. I also wanted some pie. Mouth is a nice guy who just can't deny himself the bitchy girls who'll play with his emotions. Cooper is a red-blooded dude - can't blame him for not saying "no". But I think it'll have some repercussions down the line (a scandal that makes it even more difficult to get a sponsor to race cars).

Still can't feel much for Dan, like I said, he's pretty much irredeemable now, no matter what he does to alleviate the guilt he carries with him.
Old 04-20-06, 05:29 PM

Wait! Did I miss something? I thought Cooper asked Rachel to leave? Last I saw was that he was handing her back her jacket? DId I blink? Did he give in?
Old 04-20-06, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh boy, hell yeah, Cooper gave up and went in for seconds and thirds!
Old 04-20-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I also didn't miss Lucas at all this episode. I still find it weird seeing Brooke and Lucas together and lovey dovey considering their real life problems.
Old 04-22-06, 06:53 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Best episode for a long time and then i realised partly why, no Chad michael murray!

Rachel is so hot, a threesome with her, Brooke and Hayley (um ok make that a foursome) would go down a treat

Dan's character, pure evil or some humanity continues to impress

Don't miss Keith at all

Drama in the basketball game was very well done
Old 04-22-06, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Best episode for a long time and then i realised partly why, no Chad michael murray!
I didn't really care for the episode, but I will agree that Chad Michael Murray wasn't missed. If he can't play basketball anymore, what exactly is his role on the show?

Rachel is so hot, a threesome with her, Brooke and Hayley (um ok make that a foursome) would go down a treat
Reportedly, Danneel Harris will become a regular if the show gets a 4th season. Now all the writers have to do is come with a consistent tone for the character. Is she the misunderstood former fattie who deep down inside cares for Mouth and wants to be accepted by Brooke and the rest of the popular crowd? Or is she just a self-centered skanky ho who screws men twice her age?

Dan's character, pure evil or some humanity continues to impress
Dan's another character they've never been consistent with. At this point I just have to assume he's irredeemable and didn't mean a thing he said to Nathan. You know he's got it coming by season's end when someone inevitably finds out the truth about Keith.

Don't miss Keith at all
I couldn't disagree more. Keith was the heart of this show. I don't mind when a TV series kills off a popular character if there's a purpose. What I can't stand is when it's done as a ratings stunt or for shock value.

Drama in the basketball game was very well done
Normally, I'd dismiss the end of that game as an impossible sequence of events. But as a diehard Rockets fan, I witnessed Tracy McGrady score 13 points in the final 33 seconds of a game against the Spurs last season, so stranger things have happened.
Old 04-22-06, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
[QUOTE=Doughboy]
Reportedly, Danneel Harris will become a regular if the show gets a 4th season. Now all the writers have to do is come with a consistent tone for the character. Is she the misunderstood former fattie who deep down inside cares for Mouth and wants to be accepted by Brooke and the rest of the popular crowd? Or is she just a self-centered skanky ho who screws men twice her age?

They need to use the 90210-Valerie blueprint for her.
Old 04-23-06, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
They need to use the 90210-Valerie blueprint for her.
They were early on when she was set up as Brooke's rival. If I recall correctly, Valerie quickly became Jennie Garth's nemesis on 90210. I quit watching the show during the college years, so I'm not sure.

But back to Rachel, they killed that storyline's momentum when they quickly slapped Brooke and Lucas back together and stuck her in this dumb love triangle with Mouth and Cooper.