Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Stores that have (or would have) Ipod Nano's in stock?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't realize that these would be so scarce (I wasn't in the market until now). Every place I've seen online seems to have a 2 week wait and local stores are sold out. Anyone have any ideas on how to get one before Christmas (new and not off ebay for 2X retail?) Thanks
Old 12-19-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you looking for the 4gb version? The Apple site is showing 1-2 business days for the 2gb and 2 weeks for the 4gb.
Old 12-19-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chew
Are you looking for the 4gb version? The Apple site is showing 1-2 business days for the 2gb and 2 weeks for the 4gb.

Originally the 4Gb either color, but I may go with the 2 then since it ships so soon. I don't think 500 songs would be enough for the person it's for, so I may just give them a picture of it and get it after it's available. Thanks though. There's someone selling a new one on ebay (the 4 GB) for about $280---including shipping, so I may just go that route.

I'm surprised I didn't hear about how hard to get these would become at Christmas time.....although I guess it kind of goes without saying.
Old 12-19-05, 11:08 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Is there an Apple Store nearby?

I think Wal*Mart carries them, but they are behind the counter/locked away.
Old 12-19-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Is there an Apple Store nearby?

I think Wal*Mart carries them, but they are behind the counter/locked away.

I didn't know that Apple had B&M stores. I'll look into that. I might swing by Wal-Mart during lunch.....since I'll be in the parking lot picking up girls anyway.
Old 12-19-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read somewhere on the Internet that Apple was keeping most of the iPod stock for their own stores which would seem to make sense.
Old 12-19-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by karnblack
I read somewhere on the Internet that Apple was keeping most of the iPod stock for their own stores which would seem to make sense.

I can't seem to find a directory of their stores. I'm around DC, so I imagine there should be one.......somewhere. I'm on hold with a CS rep right now, so maybe later this afternoon when I'm taken off hold, I'll have an answer.

Thanks

UPDATE: the rep told me that the B&M stores won't have the 4Gb and the best bet would be to go with the 2GB or 30GB video Ipod.

Last edited by dick_grayson; 12-19-05 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-19-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

well, I managed to reserve one at a local Apple Store. Thanks again all for your help.

Old 12-19-05, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

just got back. They had about 40 4gb's left at the Clarendon, VA one. (no white, just the black ones).

by the way, some woman behind me in line after hearing what an ipod is capable of (portable music, video, itunes...etc) said something like "Isn't this a perfect world we live in? We can do so much at that's just within our reach. Technology, wow! Where will we go next?! Things are so amazing and perfect."
Old 12-19-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

lol.
Old 12-21-05, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was at the Pentagon City store yesterday at 11AM and they were telling people to come back at 2PM. I went back to the store at 3PM to exchange a FM transmitter, and sure enough people were in line for the 4GB nanos. One of the employees said that they would be getting daily shipments since it's more popular b/c of the size and cost.