Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PSP: Death Jr.

Old 08-18-05, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSP: Death Jr.

I got Death Jr. and I think it's pretty cute. I always like a good platform. It's more about the plot and the look for me, and this is great. I used to be kinda goth so I dig the evil yet adorable thing. Can't beat exploding hamsters. Or a legless, armless, foreign exchange student in a jar.
Old 08-19-05, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still might pick it up.....I may rent if first though, reviews have been mixed, but most seem average to below average
Old 08-19-05, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Isn't this the game they said they wanted to sell at Not Gothic?
Old 08-21-05, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Isn't this the game they said they wanted to sell at Not Gothic?
Ha, yeah, I wonder if they are selling it there. I should go to the mall and look. I have to admit I bought a pair of boots there once....

I recommend checking Death Jr. out, though, it's not as bad as the reviews make it sound, IMO. It kinda feels like a Tim Burton 3D platformer. (Think Nightmare Before Christmas meets Super Mario 64.) It has some nifty features, like using your scythe to hook on to things to climb or swing, but it's pretty much an action platformer. This game feels like it's designed for the PSP, so the controls are easy to get the hang of, and control doesn't feel adapted from some other platform. I got used to the analog pad a lot more quickly than I thought I would. I'm still trying to get the hang of the different weapons, and which enemies to use them against. I still get killed when there are a lot of enemies, mostly because I forget about the Pandora assist (charge up that kills all enemies on-screen.) I was wondering why there weren't any bosses, but I guess I hadn't gone far enough. The style of the game is funny, or at least a little twisted. There were some laugh-out-loud moments (like Stigmartha trying to cover her eyes when she was attacked by the demon.) My favorite weapon? C4 hamsters!
Old 08-21-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Platformers are not really the kind of games i play, but once in a while i invest in one if im interested enough. Death Jr. attracted me for two reasons, one is because of its dark but cute look it has going for it, and two is because i need something to play on PSP before its completely covered with dust. With that said, ive played a bit of it so far and its ok, not special i think. The camera is flat out horrible, terrible. I played this one part where i had to defend my house and kill 100 enemies, it would of been alot better to do that mission if it was not for the funky camera angles. When you play the game you realize its potential but so far, its just average.
Old 08-21-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts
So worth the 30 dollar investment?
Old 08-22-05, 02:32 PM

I think so. I really like the characters, they make the game for me.
Old 08-22-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Does it require a firmware update?
Old 08-23-05, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It requires only 1.50 update

I rented the game, I think it's ok. I might pick it up later, although I get frustrated often with the camera. The characters are really fun, the graphics are decent....just the gameplay is average. It's an ok game...$30 seems about a decent price. I'll keep my rental for a while.

Does anyone know HOW LONG the game is about?
Old 08-23-05, 01:57 PM

I dunno, I haven't finished it yet, I only play about 15 minutes at a time so I got like 4:34 so far, not too far into the game, I think.