Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Numb3rs-Who's watching it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-05, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numb3rs-Who's watching it?

I've really been getting into this lately. As I look around the TV forum, Im not seeing the weekly recap/discussion threads like so many other shows have. Is anyone else watching this? Though the crime drama isnt new or innovative on tv, I like what this show does. I havent looked, but I hope this show makes a return next year. If CSI blows it by making another CSI series (I havent been able to watch any of them since after CSI miami S1), I feel this could be CBS' next big thing.
Old 05-08-05, 06:08 PM

I watch the show every week and I really like it.
Old 05-08-05, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by blakader
I watch the show every week and I really like it.
me too ...I hope it gets renewed ..It's a great show..
Old 05-08-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I stopped after three or four episodes. The theories the mathematician brother came up with seemed too outrageous and pulled out of his ass.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-08-05, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I watch it every week, but it's a bit silly and contrived, especially the way they use Peter MacNicol. The character development is good in small doses, but they keep rehashing the same stuff with Charlie over and over instead of growing the character. As feared, the writing on the math front is pretty dumbed down too. It's innocuous Friday night entertainment, but I won't miss it if it goes away ... that is unless they give Sabrina more to do.

das
Old 05-08-05, 08:05 PM
Cool New Member

I always recorded this show and watched it later, and like it so far. At first I was worried that they would be running out of math ideas pretty soon, but instead the show has been able to focus on developing characters in depth, instead of getting too technical on math applications. The ratings have been neck to neck with "Law & Order, Trial by Jury", and hopefully it'll get a second season.
Old 05-08-05, 08:59 PM

I recently saw the pilot and liked it. Don't know when I'll see more.

L8r
Old 05-08-05, 10:15 PM

I mainly watch it to see Sabrina Lloyd.
And the last 2 weeks they have really
showcased her talent. Anyways.......

Was glad to Gloria Reuben again. Since
she went Missing.

If this series gets picked up and
CBS dumps Joan of Arcadia.
I am going to be doing some bad math
numbers on CBS sponsors next season.
Old 05-08-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was she even in the most recent episode? I don't even remember seeing her.
Old 05-08-05, 10:49 PM

I just got done watching the second ep. I'm not completely wowed yet, but it was good enough for me to hunt down episode 3.

L8r
Old 05-09-05, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
I've been watching it since it started and have enjoyed it enough although I'm not "wowed" by it. Plotwise, they seem to stretch things a bit to always need a math tie-in, but I like the actors enough to stay with it.
Old 05-09-05, 07:21 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have it setup to tape on my DVR, but don't watch it until the next week or so. I think I'm about 2 weeks behind right now. I would watch it live, but I'm hardly at home on Friday nights, and my fiancee doesn't care for the show as much so I watch it either while she's gone or while she's sleeping on my shoulder late at night.

I agree though, good show.
Old 05-09-05, 08:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If CSI blows it by making another CSI series (I havent been able to watch any of them since after CSI miami S1)
CSI: NY hasn't been to bad so far IMHO...

Regarding Numb3rs though it looks interesting but like Lost I think I'm just going to wait for the DVDs
Old 05-09-05, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I watched the premiere... even the hotness that is Sabrina Lloyd couldn't get me to tune in the next week. It's like some TV exec rolled a joint and said "OK, we're going to take CSI, but... get this... (inhale) Rain Man is doing the science!!!!"

Seriously, I was so tired of seeing Rain Man mumble "numbers don't lie"...
Old 05-09-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I majored in Math in college. Math is a favorite of mine. I found this series to be interesting but I see it falling into a rut. the formula gets too obvious each week with the ending where the mathematician solves everything. I enjoy it but not enough to watch it regularly.
Old 05-09-05, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well those of you who watch this for Sabrina Lloyd, you can stop. She left the show, according to the people who run the guide for Numb3rs at tvtome.

UPDATE: Lloyd Leaves Numb3rs

Breaking news this early morning, and after checking around, we're the first on the web to get it. After some further digging, we've confirmed the news that Sabrina Lloyd has left the show Numb3rs. According to sources, it was a mutual decision between both parties for her to depart from the role of Terry Lake. The conditions and circumstances of her departure are unknown at this time. How the writers have or will deal with her departure script wise is also unknown, as well as if she will ever return for guest appearances. So what will happen to Lloyd after this? This morning, sources at NBC and KoMut Entertainment have confirmed that Lloyd has auditioned for staring role in the upcoming pilot for the sitcom Four Kings, created by the same people who made Will & Grace.
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet.../showid-25043/
Old 05-09-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot
well those of you who watch this for Sabrina Lloyd, you can stop. She left the show, according to the people who run the guide for Numb3rs at tvtome.
Doesn't surprise me, her role was getting smaller and smaller, and unfortunately, Lloyd has done this before.
Old 05-09-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
Bummer. I guess they'll have to give Charlie's grad assistant a bigger role if they are looking to keep a main female in the show.
Old 05-09-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
It's like some TV exec rolled a joint and said "OK, we're going to take CSI, but... get this... (inhale) Rain Man is doing the science!!!!"
It's not referred to as CSI: pi in our household for nothing....
Old 05-26-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I am still watching and still enjoying. It isn't a show I have to sit and watch with no distractions, but it is better than 90% of anything else I could watch while working out, etc.

Any update on renewal?
Old 05-26-05, 05:16 PM

I saw in my local paper on their upfront coverage that this show has been renewed. Sad about Sabrina Lloyd leaving the show though.

Last edited by Chaza; 05-26-05 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-26-05, 05:44 PM
Cool New Member

Now that this show got renewed, it really needs to get better scripts and find a few hot babes with acting skills if it wants to last, given the very short lfe span of most shows aired on Friday time slots.
Old 05-26-05, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Bring in Christina Cox! (She was the accident reconstructer lady on the season finale)

Just a long time fan of hers.
Old 05-26-05, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea Christina Cox and the grad assistant can take the hottie character place.

I like the show very much. Sure a lot is far fetched but it's a good hour of television IMO.
Old 05-26-05, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Chaza
I saw in my local paper on their upfront coverage that this show has been renewed. Sad about Sabrina Lloyd leaving the show though.
Why is Sabrina Lloyd leaving the show? It seems like she has a larger part earlier in the season, but by the end of the season, I barely see her in some episodes at all.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.