Old 05-07-05, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Batman Legacy for $20.99

Best price I've seen for this 4 disk set, at Costco. Includes

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin.

I'm glad I waited till today to get these dvds. My only concern is I think I read somewhere that there may be a new disk set for the batman movies. Any news/update on this?
Old 05-07-05, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No updates, but you'd figure it'd almost be a given for a new release because of the upcoming movie. But that's about a month away, so who knows?
Old 05-07-05, 08:54 PM

i believe it was supposed to be the first 2 (the snapper ones) getting the SE's
Old 05-07-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
There's been plenty of rumors and talk about it on the DVD forum. Rumors supposedly have a new box set coming out by the end of the year including SE's and a new cut of Batman Forever. If not a box set, then at least individual SE releases. I don't think there has been any offical confirmation, but my guess it's a safe bet for a new release.
Old 05-07-05, 09:21 PM

i dont think a new cut of Batman Forever is going to make it a better film. but i cant wait for SEs of the first two.
Old 05-07-05, 09:24 PM
Banned

I think SEs of the original Batman movies is a given. Surprised it's not happening in conjuncture with Batman Begins, but when you look at all the other WB first-generation DVDs getting re-released, it's going to happen.
Old 05-07-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All of the Batman movies are getting upgraded. If you buy the set now, don't say we didn't warn you.
Old 05-08-05, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

well even considering that the last 2 you couldn't pay me to own, that's still a good price for the first 2
Old 05-08-05, 06:34 AM
Cool New Member

BATMAN FOREVER WAS GOOD!...the one that was beyond cheesy was BATMAN AND ROBIN....Ive read the scenes that were cut from "Forever" and they are excellent...and will surely make it much darker and more in tune with burton's films. The first three are getting jam packed special editions the fourth is getting a rerelease. That says something.
Old 05-08-05, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by psifreek27
BATMAN FOREVER WAS GOOD!...the one that was beyond cheesy was BATMAN AND ROBIN....Ive read the scenes that were cut from "Forever" and they are excellent...and will surely make it much darker and more in tune with burton's films. The first three are getting jam packed special editions the fourth is getting a rerelease. That says something.
I concur. It brought a fresh return to the old campy tv show Batman since the Burton style Batman was getting too dark and awkward. Batman and Robin was just too fruity.
Old 05-08-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's the problem, the old campy TV series was a travesty and should not be revered or held up as the way Batman is supposed to be. "Batman Begins" looks to be a good version to make us for Joel Shumacher's ruination of the franchise.

Of course Batman is supposed to be dark! It's a story about a child whose parent's were murdered in front of him and his grim, lifelong obsession with avenging their deaths by preying on the fears of the limitless cesspool of criminals that make up the city he lives in. How's that supposed to presented lightheartedly and colorful?
Old 05-08-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by psifreek27

Batman forever was good if you have no taste in movies.

It was complete garbage.
Old 05-08-05, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bballing
Batman forever was good if you have no taste in movies.

It was complete garbage.
nice
Old 05-09-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw this and decided to wait for the newer versions rumored to be coming.
Old 05-09-05, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
I liked Batman Forever better then Batman Returns. Batman was the best, and Batman and Robin was just crap.
Old 05-09-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
All of the Batman movies are getting upgraded. If you buy the set now, don't say we didn't warn you.
Glad to find out this kind of information ahead of time! I have been wanting this collection but I guess I can wait a little longer for the upgraded version.

Thanks!
Old 05-09-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I think Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were both horrible. It was like going from a cool "Batman the Animated Series" Batman to a cheesy Scooby Doo guest appearance Batman.

Can't wait for the 1st two films to get re-issued.
Old 05-09-05, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
nice
how can it be a thread crapp if the thread is about the set for $20.99 ? It's not like this is a thread about the greatness of Batman Forever.
Old 05-09-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sn9ke_eyes
how can it be a thread crapp if the thread is about the set for $20.99 ? It's not like this is a thread about the greatness of Batman Forever.
it's clearly a thread crap cuz he was commenting about Batman Forever as a movie. He wasn't commenting about the price of the DVDs.

I think you need to reread in the FAQ what constitutes a threadcrap.
Old 05-09-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So is the new set going to come with Batman and Robin? Im not sure i could stomach paying anything extra for that one.
Old 05-09-05, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lecithin
That's the problem, the old campy TV series was a travesty and should not be revered or held up as the way Batman is supposed to be. "Batman Begins" looks to be a good version to make us for Joel Shumacher's ruination of the franchise.

Of course Batman is supposed to be dark! It's a story about a child whose parent's were murdered in front of him and his grim, lifelong obsession with avenging their deaths by preying on the fears of the limitless cesspool of criminals that make up the city he lives in. How's that supposed to presented lightheartedly and colorful?
A man dressed as a bat who fights crime is supposed to be a dark, gritty serious film? Personally i think the Adam West Batman t.v. series pretty much played the character how it should be played.
Old 05-09-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sn9ke_eyes
I think more like he's not stating an opinion.. like why he doens't want it. He basically insulted everyone who liked batman forever and said they have no taste in movies.
Old 05-09-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davey_4964
A man dressed as a bat who fights crime is supposed to be a dark, gritty serious film? Personally i think the Adam West Batman t.v. series pretty much played the character how it should be played.
agreed the comic has a long history before batman ever got dark and gritty

Old 05-10-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron
agreed the comic has a long history before batman ever got dark and gritty

Right, but that's alternate earth batman