DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Kellogg's free SW TPM DVD

Old 05-10-05, 10:26 AM

Kellogg's free SW TPM DVD

May not be news, but I have a question about this Kellogg's promotion.

For seven UPCs from boxes of Mini Wheats, they'll send you a free DVD of Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Totally free, no shipping charge. ($9.99 with three UPCs, but what's the point in that???)

Anyone know if they're sending full-screen or widescreen versions? I don't know if anyone would have gotten one yet, but I couldn't find an answer on the Kelloggs web site, so I thought I'd try here.
Old 05-10-05, 11:53 AM

Ok, I am by no means an expert on this matter but I do believe that the first run of TPM was two versions either fullscreen or widescreen. I do believe that those are out of print. The current version does not say widescreen or full screen on the top like AOTC. AOTC comes in either ws or fs. I dont know if the current run has a fullscreen version of TPM. When I bought mine at the store I could not find but one version of the TPM. It has "every saga has a beginning" at the top where AOTC has "widescreen" or "full screen". The only version I have seen in stores is Anamorphic widescreen (aspect ratio 2.35:1). I know because I looked for 20 minutes in store before a nice employee at CC told me that TPM was in widecreen. I was looking for widescreen at the top!

I am curious about this too. I plan on sending my upc as soon as I get two more. I eat the cereal anyway and will give this DVD out as a present to nephew!
Old 05-10-05, 11:58 AM
Premium Member

You can still buy both.

The full screen still says "Full Screen" in a blue bar at the top. The widescreen has the "Every Saga Has a Beginning" in a gold bar like you mentioned.
Old 05-10-05, 01:44 PM

I just received my copy last week and it's WS. As Aspikes mentioned, it doesn't have the WS banner at the top of the cover. I had to look at the small print on the back of the box to find out it's WS.

Nice thing is that it came quick, probably about 3 weeks. I was surprised at how quick it came.
Old 05-10-05, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the FS has blue bars instead of gold...the new version is the same as the old...even the same upc
Old 05-10-05, 11:04 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Darn! I sent mine in last week without thinking about the WS/FS versions. Glad that it will be WS after all.
Old 05-11-05, 10:25 AM

That it is widescreen is very good news. Thanks.

I hadn't thought of it at first either.