Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NHL 2k5 Season Glitch

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NHL 2k5 Season Glitch

Anyone else having this problem?

I am playing a season as the Flyers. When I get to sometime in late November, I am unable to load the next game. What is happening is that the season loads fine, so does the profile, but when I try to access the next game it freezes. It asks me if I want to "simulate other games and fill lines as necessary." I click yes and the loading graphic appears but doesn't load. Then the music goes haywire and starts repeating like the disc has been removed. I cleaned the disc and it doesn't have any scratches.

The only thing I can think of is that I am causing a meltdown in the system because so many players are injured that it can't fill lines. The reason why I believe this might be true is because this is the second time this has happened during a season, and at the same point. I'm thinking that the computer is trying to get free agents, sign players etc. and it can't for whatever reason. Either that, or it is a defective disc. I wrote to ESPN to see what they could do, but I was hoping there might be an easier solution. I bought it back in September, so I am pretty sure Best Buy won't exchange at this point. Even if there is a 90 replacement warranty.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-30-04, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same thing happened to me...caused me to just stop playing the game. I have read that this is a common glitch...I think my error happened in October...so I don't think it happens at the same point for everyone. Sucks...Sega should have spent more time to debug this one.
Old 11-30-04, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had so many glitches with that game i stopped playing it which is a shame because for the most part its a good game and with no NHL this year i was hoping for atleast a good hockey videogame.
Old 11-30-04, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,246 Likes on 4,267 Posts
In the past when I've had problems with a video game, I call their tech support line. Usually they're helpful and will exchange the disc with a debugged one, if possible. They'll probably do something to make it right if they can.
Old 11-30-04, 06:54 PM

I"ve had similar problems on NFL 2K5 where if I select to read the email in ESPN.com, it will freeze my machine. Problems I've had on NHL have basically been freezing on load screens. Maybe it's just my xbox though.
Old 11-30-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
When Sega sent out a heavily gliched version of NBA 2K3 for the GameCube they acknowledged the screw ups, but refused to ever fix the game or refund the money. That was a $50 game. I doubt they will fix NHL2K5 unless they can do it with a downloadable patch.
Old 11-30-04, 09:20 PM

Sega once again proves they have the most realistic sports games.
Old 12-01-04, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Peanut. I had the same problem too. It only happened to me in Franchise Mode. I was forced to play regular season mode (which I hate) so wound up trading the game in for about 13 bux. Didnt feel like the hassle of returning it to HQ etc... Not too bad tho, paid 7 bux for a game I had for 2-3 weeks.