Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Replacement Discs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Discs?

Just wondering what sort of policy various studios have on issuing replacement discs. I'm not sure if I'm out of line here, but I think a replacement disc is in order in some cases.

I was just watching my Dracula Legacy set; more specifically the Spanish version of Dracula. Right around Chapter 12, the scene starts to freeze up and doesn't let up until the next scene. I tried replaying it to make sure it wasn't a playback issue; no dice. I tried taking it out and looking for any flaws on the disc and saw none. I tried gently cleaning it a couple times, despite there really being nothing to clean and still, the problem remained.

So am I stuck here? The rest of the set plays fine, but this disc doesn't seem like it'll be playing correctly anytime soon.
Old 10-04-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'd take it back to the store and ask for a new copy...most places won't give you hassle if you just want the same thing.
Old 10-04-04, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They will if it's been more than 30 days (Best Buy, anyway, the place where I bought it back in April). Just for clarification, this wasn't a problem before and there isn't a single scratch on it, so I don't know what the deal is.