Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 6 - 9/25/04 ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-04, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Amazing Race 6 - 9/25/04 ???

I did a quick search for a thread about this, but didn't find anything.

Anyways, does anyone know about the next season of TAR starting right away on SATURDAYS? I've now seen it mentioned in two different sources (someone posted a schedule last month in AVS, and in last week's Entertainment Weekly, it mentions the show premiering 9/25 on Saturdays).

Strangely enough, my ReplayTV shows "Cold Case" on from 8p-9p on Saturday 9/25.

So -- has anyone heard anything else? If this is true, what's with the quicker-than-Last-Comic-Standing turnaround time between seasons 5 and 6?

(BTW, OT -- i heard that the reason the Last Comic Standing format is different this season is because it was such a last minute pickup for the fall that they didn't have time to do the house portion of the show)
Old 09-17-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 6 - 9/25/04 ???

Originally posted by Darq

Anyways, does anyone know about the next season of TAR starting right away on SATURDAYS? I've now seen it mentioned in two different sources (someone posted a schedule last month in AVS, and in last week's Entertainment Weekly, it mentions the show premiering 9/25 on Saturdays).

There is an article in tvguide.com about this. Given how well it has done, it probably will not be on Saturdays and it will probably be held for a month or 2 to allow CBS to evaluate how its new programming is doing (so they can plug a hole with it).

The likeliest possibilities:
1. Tuesdays at 9 if the new show Clubhouse is a bomb.
2. Wednesday at 9 if the new Monday CBS comedies bomb which would allow them to move King of Queens back to Monday and move TAR there.
3. Friday at 10 if dr.vegas bombs.

Last edited by Red Dog; 09-17-04 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-17-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to CBS's website, it starts October 2. That's what I've read in other areas too. So, plan on Saturdays, although it could move down the road if something else tanks.
Old 09-17-04, 10:12 AM

Red Dog - thanks for the info.

Spanky - Ahh.. didn't see that link on CBS's website. Guess you must have figured out that link on your own! Funny, though. Their website shows it premiering on "Thursday, October 2", even though October 2 is a Saturday.

Oh well. At least i know i'm not missing anything next week. Thanks.
Old 09-17-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heh, I didn't notice the Thursday part. On the right, it still says it premiers in September. But, the best I've been able to find is that it will premier October 2. I'm willing to bet that by this time next week, we'll know for sure, and probably even know who the racers are, provided Oct. 2 is the correct premier date.

In any case, I can't wait for season 6! By far, this is my favorite show on right now.
Old 09-17-04, 10:18 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure there will be a little promo for it at the end of next week's episode.
Old 09-17-04, 02:56 PM

I heard that it got moved back a week from its original premiere date, but that it is supposed to be on Saturdays. It wouldn't suprise me if they moved the new episodes to a different night as a mid-season replacement as Red Dog mentioned, and showed a repeat of that new episode on the "normal" Saturday time slot.
Old 09-17-04, 04:32 PM

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6738
Old 09-17-04, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just what I was going to post

The sixth season of CBS' "The Amazing Race," originally slated to premiere Saturday, September 26 then moved to October 2, will now be postponed indefinitely. The news however isn't a reflection of a lack of commitment on the Eye's part but rather to capitalize on the show's monster success this summer. By waiting until late October/early November, CBS executives hope to give viewers a breather between seasons instead of rushing back to the airwaves a few weeks after its September 21 finale. Traditionally, "Race" has experienced breaks of anywhere between three and 10 months between seasons.
Old 09-17-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chew
Just what I was going to post

The sixth season of CBS' "The Amazing Race," originally slated to premiere Saturday, September 26 then moved to October 2, will now be postponed indefinitely. The news however isn't a reflection of a lack of commitment on the Eye's part but rather to capitalize on the show's monster success this summer. By waiting until late October/early November, CBS executives hope to give viewers a breather between seasons instead of rushing back to the airwaves a few weeks after its September 21 finale. Traditionally, "Race" has experienced breaks of anywhere between three and 10 months between seasons.
D'oh!

Well... I was really looking forward to it as part of a lackluster fall season. Maybe they don't want to end up reshuffling their schedule like a lot of networks had to do during the baseball playoffs last year.