Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Best (Nat) commercial

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-04, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best (Nat) commercial

Well seeing as there's a worst commercial thread, it's seems logical that there be a best thread.

My vote goes to the that Ugo Burger King ad. The long version ofcourse.
Old 08-05-04, 04:57 PM
Suspended

I'm loving the new Levi's one where the guy gets the girl some flowers so he can get back in the apt and get his Levi's from the tree. Funny stuff.
Old 08-06-04, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its beer, Hurraaaaaaay Beer.
Old 08-06-04, 02:38 AM

Wow... only 2, I guess people love to tear down rather than build. If that isn't human nature.
Old 08-06-04, 08:35 AM

I really like Office Max's Rubber Band Man commercials. One of the few commercials that doesn't make me leap for the remote.

You can read about the guy who plays him here:
http://www.mo-freek.com/steeples.html
Old 08-06-04, 08:37 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree on the Office Max commercial. I just saw the new one the other night, school supply related.

The commercial is fun and the tune is catchy.

I also like the commercial, I forget which car it is, that uses the really nice cgi effect of a car cover made to look like a beat up vehicle.

The commercial is nothing special, but that effect is cool.
Old 08-06-04, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by Vryce
I also like the commercial, I forget which car it is, that uses the really nice cgi effect of a car cover made to look like a beat up vehicle.

The commercial is nothing special, but that effect is cool.

Yeah, that one is pretty good. First time I saw it I couldn't tell if it was cgi or really a painted tarp.

There's also a pretty good one (can't remember the product) where a guy is walking thru his office and the people around him, time of day and his clothes all change every few frames. It's a pretty seamless effect.

I also like most of the Dairy Queen commercials, including the recent one where the husband gets his tongue caught in the mixer blades (although they're getting dangerously close to repeating it too many times per hour). Did anyone notice while the guy has his tongue caught and is screaming, there's a caption at the bottom of the screen that reads "Do not attempt?"
Old 08-06-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not even sure what this commercial is for, but I always get a big smile on my face at that one that has Andre Agassi's little son playing tennis. It borders on being annoying, but when Agassi pulls up and calls for his son to come and the little guy comes running, he is just so tiny and cute! Ok, it must be my impending motherhood.
Old 08-06-04, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
The trunk monkey is still one the best ever.

I like the Dairy Queen one with the dad wearing one of those baby back/chest packs, telling his baby the ice cream is not for him it is daddy's. Then the kid swings his foot and nails his dad in the groin.

[homer simpson] Foot in groin, that is such a classic [/homer simpson]
Old 08-06-04, 03:45 PM

They don't play them anymore, but I used to really like the Holiday Inn commercial series--the ones with the sloppy slacker son who looked like he was in his late 30s and still lived at home with his well-groomed parents & grandmother. At the end of each one the grandma would throw her head back and cackle at something someone the son said. I always thought with a little work they could have made a tv show with those characters.
Old 08-07-04, 03:26 AM

Originally posted by Jadzia
I'm not even sure what this commercial is for, but I always get a big smile on my face at that one that has Andre Agassi's little son playing tennis. It borders on being annoying, but when Agassi pulls up and calls for his son to come and the little guy comes running, he is just so tiny and cute! Ok, it must be my impending motherhood.
Naaah....no impending motherhood here and it's still cute