Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Farscape Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-04, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farscape Questions

Well I came to this board before I bought most of the Babylon 5 DVDs, so I thought I'd try the same with this show.

I have a few questions about Farscape...I was going through the search results and looked at a few threads, but I didn't read all of them as I was worried about spoilers.

I have absolutely no idea what Farscape is about, except that it's a sci-fi show and it gets a lot of praise. Therefore I thought I'd try it out now that I'm done with most of my TV shows this summer

I had a few questions though. Nothing big really.

1. Is Farscape very 'episodic' or do the episodes generally move the overall story arc forward?

2. Farscape was cancelled (?), but was it wrapped up nicely at the end?

3. What's this Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars that is coming out. Did the series not end nicely and now this is used to wrap the series up? When is this coming out?

Thanks!
Old 07-31-04, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Farscape Questions

• Shamu •
1. Is Farscape very 'episodic' or do the episodes generally move the overall story arc forward?
Both. There isn't a Babylon 5-style arc, but there is an ongoing story, and there are many 3-episode trilogies throughout the seasons. There are also many uniquely individual episodes that stand alone.

• Shamu •
2. Farscape was cancelled (?), but was it wrapped up nicely at the end?
Farscape was sabotaged, and while many of us thought the ending was perfect, I wouldn't use the phrase "wrapped up nicely." "To be continued ..." is more accurate.

• Shamu •
3. What's this Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars that is coming out. Did the series not end nicely and now this is used to wrap the series up? When is this coming out?
Oops. You mean we sabotaged our best show and pissed off our core audience? You mean this thing is hugely popular? The 5th season was supposed to be a planned arc that flowed from the events of the 4th season. Since they never got to make the "guaranteed" 5th season, one could assume this mini-series will cover the major story elements that we were supposed to see and likely "wrap the series up."

das
Old 07-31-04, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, das Monkey!
Old 08-01-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
So you don't think there is even a small chance they will spin the miniseries into another season? I doubt it, but I can't say that I'm not hoping.
Old 08-01-04, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Re: Re: Farscape Questions

Originally posted by das Monkey

Farscape was sabotaged, and while many of us thought the ending was perfect, I wouldn't use the phrase "wrapped up nicely." "To be continued ..." is more accurate.
Sounds like you're talking about "Angel."

You know, what's with the networks cancelling shows that lots of viewers actually care about? It's like they're intimidated by quality.
Old 08-02-04, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
You know, what's with the networks cancelling shows that lots of viewers actually care about? It's like they're intimidated by quality.
I think we have an answer in Arrested Development: it's a quality show the fans, the critics, and the network loved. Farscape was sorta missing one of the critical three there.
Old 08-02-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think you will like the show if you give it a try. The tone changes towards the end of season to a darker tone but with some humourous moments.
This is some great Television and hope it comes back if not regularly as another Mini series.
Old 08-02-04, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
I think we have an answer in Arrested Development: it's a quality show the fans, the critics, and the network loved. Farscape was sorta missing one of the critical three there.
Networks don't like TV...its just the business they stumbled into. They'd love live a 30 min show of paint drying if people would watch.