Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

When did King of Queens go HD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When did King of Queens go HD?

Im just wondering what season was the first for The King of Queens in HD? I have the first two seasons on DVD which are 4:3, but Im wondering when I can expect a 16:9 set.
Old 06-03-04, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm 99% sure King of Queens began broadcasting in HD during it's second season... Which basically means that there never will be a 16:9 set unless they rerelease the show further down the line.

The third season had an episode where Doug was going nuts about the Super Bown in HD, which was basically a shameless CBS promotion for HD. I think the second season being released on DVD in 4:3 answered the question, but if the third season is in 4:3, you are guaranteed that they won't release any season of King of Queens in 16:9.
Old 06-03-04, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
I saw a few seconds of this in HD for the first time tonight. I had to help my friend hook up his HD box. I was not impressed, as compared to what I saw on a few other channels.
Old 06-03-04, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thats what I was afraid of...I realize the show has two aspect ratios technically, since both versions are correct, but this sounds like it was used as an excuse to only release it in fullscreen. I guess they didnt bother to think that HDTV owners might want the picture to fill their screens too huh? What irks me even more is that the packaging states "mastered in high definition".