Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I need a Best Buy employee to do me a favor.

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-04, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can somebody who works at Best Buy check Best Buy's price on JBL Studo Series S-312II speakers? I think they're clearanced, but I want to check for sure. I can't call my local Best Buy and ask, because some of their employees have a sneaky habit of snagging good deals (for example, the recent Samsung HDTV receiver and JBL S-36II deals were all snagged locally by BB employees). If I call, I may get one of those employees, and then I'd be out of luck.
Old 04-26-04, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not call a store that's out of your city or out of state?
Old 04-26-04, 03:04 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Your local BB still has JBL Studio speakers?! All the BB stores in my state was out of them (cleared way for the current models) way before last Thanksgiving.
Old 04-26-04, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There is a store in Ohio that has two sets of them. For the life of me I can not remember what store it was though.

Only reason I know is because I sent the ones we had to them last week. Not sure if it was for a customer or not though.
Old 04-26-04, 09:22 AM

ask some of your friend's or try and find someone who works at best buy!

I used to work for them and they told us car audio is usually what's marked up the most.. since employee's get everything at cost price + 10% you're looking at a saving of 50-70%
Old 04-26-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by POWERBOMB
Why not call a store that's out of your city or out of state?
That was initially my first thought. After calling 3 stores long distance and getting put on hold at each store for 5+ minutes without ever speaking to somebody (and eventually getting disconnected), I became a little discouraged about that plan. Then, after finally managing to speak to somebody, they told me "We don't sell JBL speakers", which I know isn't true.

That's when I decided to ask for help here. I tried calling another store today... no dice. He couldn't find them in the system.
Old 04-26-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by eau
Your local BB still has JBL Studio speakers?! All the BB stores in my state was out of them (cleared way for the current models) way before last Thanksgiving.
There are only a few individual items. One store has a pair of S36IIPM's (which Best Buy has clearanced)... they refuse to sell them. Go figure. Another store had a set of those (which I picked up), and they had a few open box items.