Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

own Freelancer and like Wing Commander/Privateer?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I hadn't played Freelancer in a couple months but I played for a little bit yesterday, then I decided to go looking for mods. Found one that is basically a Wing Commander/Privateer conversion for it. Even has the Privateer music. So far I'm loving it.
has the weapons, shields, power generators etc from Privateer. And the ships actually have differences in speed and manuverability. Something that was missing in freelancer as all the ships basically handled the same, at least all the ones I flew while playing the game originally.
http://www.lancersreactor.com/t/down...oad.asp?id=957

Last edited by mikehunt; 04-24-04 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-25-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
also found this, a voice pack to replace the freelancer voices which are still in the reckoning mod. http://www.lancersreactor.com/t/foru...topic_id=28834
I think the current link to get the file is on page 2 or 3 of the thread. I haven't installed it yet but it is supposed to work with the above mod