Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Threat Matrix Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-04, 05:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Threat Matrix Question

What happened to Threat Matrix on ABC? My wife and I really liked that show.
Old 03-14-04, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To my surprise, I was enjoying it too. Last I recall, ABC cut the season order to 16 eps (when they cut a bunch of other shows). Only 14 have aired, and the other 2 were supposed to filter out in March? I think. But who knows with ABC. It could be gone, or they could renew it for 2004. I don't remember an official cancellation, though.

das
Old 03-14-04, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Monday, January 26, 2004 - 8:42 AM
ABC Trims 'Threat Matrix' Season Order to 16
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC has rolled back its commitment to "Threat Matrix," as the network revealed over the weekend that production will halt on the series after its 16th episode.

"Matrix" joins fellow freshman drama "10-8" and midseason comedy "The Big House" as series on the Alphabet's roster to have their episode orders trimmed. ABC cut "10-8's" run from 22 to 15 installments and "Big House's" from 13 to six back in December (read the story).

As for "Matrix," ABC reps insist the series remains under consideration for its fall 2004 schedule. Daniel Voll, Fred Gerber, Emile Levisetti, Keith Addis, Michael Edelstein, Jim Parriott and John Shiban are the executive producers of the series, a co-production of Touchstone Television and Industry Television.
Of course, since then, several cast members and one exec producer have joined other projects...

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...=threat_matrix
Old 03-14-04, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is Line of Fire still on? I opted of that show after a good amount of eps, but it was decent enough. They still showing it on ABC?
Old 03-14-04, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Perhaps that's that with that... It sounds like she is patronizing us...

The news may be slightly better for viewers who enjoyed Line of Fire. In my estimation, its goose is cooked too, but Susan Lyne, ABC's president of entertainment, sounded more optimistic.

"Obviously, we wished it had been able to get stronger ratings in the 10 p.m. Tuesday time period. That said, we were really pleased with it creatively, and everyone involved in it learned about what was working and not working with the show," Lyne said. "It is definitely a show that is still in contention when we go into our scheduling meeting in May."

Four unaired Line of Fire episodes remain. "We expect to air them at some point, but we don't have a date scheduled yet," Lyne said. "There is a fantastic final two hours that we are eager to get on the air."
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Sa...=1037645508994
Old 03-14-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Remember - ABC will always come up w/ new and inventive ways to let down their viewers. They are the masters of the double-talk. They will say one thing and do the opposite.
Old 03-15-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.
Remember - ABC will always come up w/ new and inventive ways to let down their viewers. They are the masters of the double-talk. They will say one thing and do the opposite.
karen sisco anyone? "we will air this in march after alias" and what do they do? they cancel it due to "poor scripts"
Old 03-15-04, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Exactly, Rypro. Exactly.
Old 03-16-04, 02:16 AM

Speaking of ABC, what happened to Monk. They showed 2 and that was it.

Come on ABC, I need my Monk (and bring back the old opening)! I don't have cable!.... weep....
Old 04-01-04, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sigh.. why does it seem that good shows do not last, yet there are a lot of crappy shows that do? This show was well done, and an exciting hour of TV..let's hope it can stay on, with Friends gone next year, Thursday night will open up a bit.
Old 04-04-04, 10:00 PM

A lot of us really liked Threat Matrix. I just don't undertsna dhow ABC can put it against such established shows such as Survivor and Friends and expect it to thrive.

Put it on Mondays or Fridays, I'm sure it woudl have done better in the ratings. The series captured the situation we have now with terror groups and the like.

C'mon, ABC, bring back TM!!!