TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Average Joe: Hawaii 02/09

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-04, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Average Joe: Hawaii 02/09

"You just blew something up."

Thank God Larissa got rid of those two jackasses Todd and Michael. I never seen such a complete lack of humility as what was shown by these two jerks.

Todd was wrong when he argued nobody raised concerns about the pushing the plunger. Fredo clearly said before they did the deed that he would stay away from that thing. And there really wasn't alot of thinking/discussion before pushing it. I think Michael had already made his mind up to do it. They should have taken a vote. The "Leave it to Beaver" guy (can't remember his name) pulled his butt out of the fire again with another apology.

The whole incident was more of a good thing for Tony than a bad thing. As a general rule, people become close in times of conflict and tragedy. Tony and Larissa have a stronger bond because of the experience together.

As for the two Joes who got eliminated, eh, I won't miss them. They were both kinda boring.
Old 02-10-04, 09:11 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought the exploding boat trick was mean-spirited on the part of the producers. Had the painting not been on board the boat, it would have been pretty funny.

But what would have been truly funny is if Larissa kept both of the guys who hit the plunger and eliminated Tony.
Old 02-10-04, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish Larissa would have gotten rid of Michael C too. She got rid of one of two Michael's who push the detonators. But somehow Michael C was able to avoid getting booted again. Remember he's the one who called Larissa beaver a few weeks ago. I hope Larissa realize he's bad and get rid of him.

Last edited by mookiemeister; 02-10-04 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-10-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
The 34-year-old Joe who beat the big fella in the surfboard race said it was one of the best moments of his entire life. Yikes...
Old 02-10-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I felt really bad for Tony when they just showed him swimming around with the picture in his hand. But I agree that it probably was better for him in the long run.

I just can't believe that the guys didn't think about what might happen if they pressed the detonator. Every year, I think that people on TV can't get any dumber and FOX or NBC makes me rethink it.
Old 02-10-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by tofu
Every year, I think that people on TV can't get any dumber and FOX or NBC makes me rethink it.
And that's just their executives
Old 02-10-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by tofu
Every year, I think that people on TV can't get any dumber and FOX or NBC makes me rethink it.
Did anyone else think that Larissa's "mom" make-up look really fake when they showed it on the preview for next week? If the guys are suckered in by that, you may be onto something.
Old 02-10-04, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot to mention that even though these things get stupider, I still find myself watching
Old 02-10-04, 10:32 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by DJLinus
Did anyone else think that Larissa's "mom" make-up look really fake when they showed it on the preview for next week? If the guys are suckered in by that, you may be onto something.
I agree, definitely less convincing than the fat suit from Joe 1 (which did have that 'Fat Monica' look as Adam stated). I think the problem is age makeup rarely ever looks convincing to me.
Old 02-10-04, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So Michael Klein's gone... and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I was actually happier to see Todd Go than Mike C, as he seemed genuinely contrite about pushing the button, and Todd seems like a pretty big ass.
I was sad to see Brian Glazer go, though Larissa clearly had the least chemistry with him out of all the Joes. And I was a bit surprised she kept Bawston Brian over Tommy, especially after the heart he showed in the surfboard race. I was expecting a double Brian elimination.

Originally posted by Groucho
I thought the exploding boat trick was mean-spirited on the part of the producers.
Anybody else think they're trying to drive her into Tony's arms?
If he doesn't say or do anything stupid, he's practically a lock at this point.

Spoiler:
It looks like Fredo puts his foot in his mouth pretty bad next week after meeting "Mom". Who else do you think is going to look bad? Jim seems like a pretty superficial guy, but I don't know if he feels comfortable enough around everyone to really speak his mind. Mike C seems more likely, especially since he and Fredo are buddies.
Old 02-10-04, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DRG
I agree, definitely less convincing than the fat suit from Joe 1 (which did have that 'Fat Monica' look as Adam stated). I think the problem is age makeup rarely ever looks convincing to me.
Speaking of Adam from the last show, how did that guy score his own show? Are they at least going to hook him up with some nice looking women and not some Average Jane's!

The episode next week should still be classic, catching those guys talking sh!t on hidden camera!
Old 02-10-04, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
What is the deal with Tony's facial hair?
Old 02-10-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Obviously his razor has a mind of its own.
Old 02-10-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by cdollaz
What is the deal with Tony's facial hair?
He claims it to be art. I think he needs to shave normal. It would greatly improve his appearance.
Old 02-10-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by whaaat
So Michael Klein's gone... and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I was actually happier to see Todd Go than Mike C, as he seemed genuinely contrite about pushing the button, and Todd seems like a pretty big ass.
I was sad to see Brian Glazer go, though Larissa clearly had the least chemistry with him out of all the Joes. And I was a bit surprised she kept Bawston Brian over Tommy, especially after the heart he showed in the surfboard race. I was expecting a double Brian elimination.

Anybody else think they're trying to drive her into Tony's arms?
If he doesn't say or do anything stupid, he's practically a lock at this point.

Spoiler:
It looks like Fredo puts his foot in his mouth pretty bad next week after meeting "Mom". Who else do you think is going to look bad? Jim seems like a pretty superficial guy, but I don't know if he feels comfortable enough around everyone to really speak his mind. Mike C seems more likely, especially since he and Fredo are buddies.

Not sure (spoiler quote) I think it may be a response to what someone else said....it really is hard to tell the way the edit the shows....

As for the guy Mike who was kicked...what a jackass...I can only imagine that people that know him are really going to have a hard time respecting him - he alsolooked like, to me, of the con guy on crutches from Something About Mary.
Old 02-10-04, 03:00 PM

Has anyone else noticed how in the exit interviews, every Joe says how he felt lucky to even get to know the girl and how in the end it was a good experience overall, while all the Schmucks, I mean, Studs only talk about what a big mistake she made and how there must be something wrong with her? That alone speaks towards the character of these guys.

On another note, why is it that on every date with a hottie it is like instant make out session?
Old 02-10-04, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by taa455
He claims it to be art. I think he needs to shave normal. It would greatly improve his appearance.
Man, if I ever missed an episode of big fat obnoxious or avg. joe I just don't know what I would do.

Monday is fast becoming my favorite tv night of the week after Survivor Thursdays.
Old 02-10-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by milwaukee_mike
On another note, why is it that on every date with a hottie it is like instant make out session?
It was pretty funny when she was talking about how she wasn't proud of how she'd acted on some of the dates, and was going to get more serious. From last week's Average Joe thread:
Originally posted by whaaat
My friend (who's really into Average Joe) said he thinks when none of the guys are around, she kisses the cameraman.
Old 02-10-04, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought that there was going to be more of Brooke Burns. At least all of the promos made it seem that way, not that you can ever trust those.
Old 02-10-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

one evil michael down. one to go.

the promos were pretty misleading. There was no woman causing division in the house.
Plus that explosion wasn't big enough.
No sharks, dammit.

That whole makeup deal. Why do they think this is the ultimate surprise? I know I could tell in exactly 10 seconds that it would be fake. Stuff like that only looks decieving on film.
NOT in person.

The show is still fun. Hopefully it won't run out of steam like the first average joe.

Good to see adam coming back for average joe 3.
I'm sure they'll bring back some of the jerks on that show to mess with him.

My only real beef with these shows...

The chicks. Larissas and malenas. What factories make this product? Who names them? Mattel?