Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Anyone Own and have problems with Samsung DVD-HD931 player.

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-04, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Folks,

I recently purchased a Samsung DVD-HD931 DVD playewr to go with my 48" Mitsubishi ws-48313

I have been having problems with the player using the DVI Input. Most of my DVD's I play become pixilated when I play them. It plays okay, but every minute or 2, the screen will freeze or will pixilate.

I tried playing Jaws 25 anniversary, Ghostbuster, and raiders of the lost ark (to name a few) Only the Video pixilates, the sounds keeps playing without any problem.

Anyone hear of this player having problems like this, or could it be my DVI cord, that was included with the player. I guess My option would be to use my Warrantry through Samsung and get it repaired. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to post them

Thanks again,

kthemmes
Old 01-31-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the HD931 hooked up to my Samsung HLN467 via DVI and have had no problems.

I know people have had problems with them, but I haven't really looked into it much.

Check out the DVD forum at AVS:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...?s=&forumid=18

You might be able to find some answers there.
Old 01-31-04, 01:23 PM

Have you tried watching any of those dvds via component? That might help narrow down the source of the problem.
Old 01-31-04, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by NikePenguin
Have you tried watching any of those dvds via component? That might help narrow down the source of the problem.
I connected a S-video cable from the DVD player before heading to work. Played without any problem. So the question that is bugging me is it the DVI output from the DVD player, The DVI input from the TV, or could it be a defective DVI cable.
Old 01-31-04, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by kthemmes
I connected a S-video cable from the DVD player before heading to work. Played without any problem. So the question that is bugging me is it the DVI output from the DVD player, The DVI input from the TV, or could it be a defective DVI cable.
Do you know anyone else with a set you can connect the 931 to with the dvi cable? If not and you bought the 931 from a B&M, try asking them to hook it up to one of their sets.

I am not sure if a bad cable would cause intermittant problems. I would expect a bad cable would cause errors continuously.
Old 01-31-04, 07:26 PM

thanks for referring me to the AVS forums. looks like a lot of people have been having problems with the Samsung DVD player. I will be calling Samsung Technical Support on break tonight.

-kthemmmes
Old 01-31-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I think it's hit or miss with these new DVI players. I have been pretty lucky with mine. I have noticed an audio-synch problem sometimes, but stopping play and restarting cures that.

I really like the quality DVI gives, so I'll deal with some of the early-generation bugs that they bring.

My next DVI player will have to be a multi-disc since that's what I've been used to for several years.