Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tru Calling 1/15/04

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-04, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tru Calling 1/15/04

Tru does her best to save not only a bride, but also Davis and herself in this episode.

This show moves fast, sometimes way too fast as it races to the end of the hour.

Tru's sister is still a cokehead, and her brother is becoming a believer, although he has his own take on Tru's precognitive abilities.

I'm guessing Tru's mother might have been the one that saved Davis, but that's a story for another day.
Old 01-15-04, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was only the second one I've caught. Not bad. I'm surprised her brother hasn't suggested using Tru's power to win the lottery or something to that effect yet.
Old 01-15-04, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He's always trying to get Tru to tell him the scores of that day's ballgames or other sports event (but in the past, it was as a lark to him, but now, who knows...)
Old 01-15-04, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tru's brother at the end of the show mentioned he's not going to pay back the money he owed someone. I think Tru will have to do something to save him later when the dude want his money back. Probably have to tell his brother the score of a ball game or lottery winning number or something so his brother have money to pay back.
Old 01-15-04, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tru Calling 1/15/04

Originally posted by Patman
I'm guessing Tru's mother might have been the one that saved Davis, but that's a story for another day.

Hmmmmmmm...intriguing idea.
Old 01-16-04, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

I'm guessing Tru's mother might have been the one that saved Davis...
Yep same thing I said to my homeboy.
Old 01-17-04, 03:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

Good episode. Any episode that diverts from the formula that they were using at the start of the season is a good thing though.
Old 01-18-04, 08:34 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

If you watch the pilot, Gardez says something like the death rate started going up when Tru's mother died (actually, he says the death rate started going up 10 years ago, but we know that Tru's mother died 10 years ago). Couple that with Davis's utterly lame explanation of how he figured out what Tru was doing, and it's pretty obvious that 1) Tru's mother could do the same thing, 2) she did it to Davis, and 3) Davis knew what she could do.

Say ... where was Gardez this week? Where was Luc, for that matter?

This series is intriguing. The individual episodes are plagued by lousy writing -- I mean, this woman would have bleeded out while waiting for an ambulance, but they had time to get her to the morgue and deal with the would-be shooter and save her life without the benefit of most of the things you'd use to treat a gunshot wound victim, like blood or IV fluids or drugs. But it's still fun, and the larger story arc is shaping up to be fairly interesting.
Old 01-19-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

When Tru was driving the bride around to get to the morgue, I was wondering how badly soiled by blood that car's interior had to be. It was probably a good thing her sister is all messed up because otherwise, she'd probably be livid by all the blood stains in that nice car of hers.
Old 01-19-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I caught this for the first time this week. It's a pretty darn good show. It took me a few minutes but then I realized that I knew Davis from a wonderful Comedy Central Presents show. I didn't know Zach (long last name) was an actor.