when will cry-baby, be released?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-03, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering when will universal get around to release this on dvd. it was sheduled to beleased earlier this year,but is delayed.
could it be,they will add bonus material to it,commenties with johnnydepp,john waters,etc,deleted scenes,etc..

it is avaible in japan on dvd
but when will it be released in region 1.
i wonder if it slated to be released in region 1 in 2004,if not japan is the only way to go to get this on dvd,but i thinkit is high to pay for one movie to get to the united states from japan. i think it $50+ in usD. Idont want to import it,only to find I can get it cheaper sometime in the new year and on region1 in widescreen.
Old 12-30-03, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can try writing to Professor Waters here:

http://www.egs.edu/faculty/johnwaters.html
Old 01-01-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is one of my must haves also. I have the vhs pan and scan version and the extended version taped from USA. I just pray they release the ultimate uncut version of this and don't try to dump the theatrical release on us. The extra songs are fantastic!
Old 01-05-04, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by boc4ever
This is one of my must haves also. I have the vhs pan and scan version and the extended version taped from USA. I just pray they release the ultimate uncut version of this and don't try to dump the theatrical release on us. The extra songs are fantastic!
I completely agree - whenever people ask me what I mean when I say that sometimes the tv version of films can be watchable, and even comparable, to the theatrical release - this is the film I mention. They just have to include alternate versions on the dvd.
Old 01-05-04, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What is in the extended version?
Old 01-05-04, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by LiquidSky
What is in the extended version?
It featured Cry Baby's confrontation with Saruman which was cut from the theatrical release.

Seriously, there were more songs, but I can't remember much more than that.
Old 01-05-04, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is one of my must haves also.
It is for me too. I've been patiently waiting for the release, but my patience is growing thin. But since I have no power over the release date I will just sit here and twiddle my thumbs.
Old 01-05-04, 04:26 PM

I have the Japanese release of the Cry Baby DVD (bought about 5 years ago) and it is P&S with burnt in Japanese subs, in a jewel case. I think you will find that this title has been out of print in Japan for some time now.
Old 06-12-04, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just wondering if there is an update on this. I really can't wait to pick this one up.
Old 07-06-04, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Do we have any idea what happened with this title last year? Any rumors even? As much as I'd like a special edition with a bunch of extras and the TV version, I'd settle for just the damn movie on DVD in widescreen. With Johnny Depp being a lot more popular nowadays, I'd think it'd be inevitable... but nothing has even been whispered of. And no one seems to have any update at all. A shame. But perhaps when it finally does come out, Warner will take a hint and release Arizona Dream. One can hope.

K
Old 07-06-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Cry Baby and Arizona Dream. Not a bad double feature if they'd ever get around to releasing them!
Old 07-06-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love this movie and it kills me that I can't pop it in whenever I'd like. It comes on tv pretty often, but it's just not the same. I'd think with the success Johnny had with Pirates that a great flick like this would've been on the shelves by now. But, damn, they can't even get Ed Wood out so I'm not going to hold my breath.
Old 07-06-04, 04:19 PM

A couple of posts comment about the great songs in the movie. I wonder if there is a music rights problem delaying the release. (Though the VHS version was released with the music intact). I'm anxious to complete my post-Pink Flamingos John Waters collection.
Old 07-06-04, 04:40 PM

Jonn Waters DVD commentaries

I'm hoping for this one on DVD, too. I hope that director John Waters does an audio commentary. His commentaries are highly entertaining and informative. I have listened to many of them (especially Serial Mom) numerous times.

Peace and Love,

Hermey the Elf
Old 07-06-04, 06:15 PM

A friend who knows about this stuff tells me that Cry-Baby is in development as a Broadway musical, ala Hairspray. It could be that Universal is holding off on the DVD in order to capitalize on the publicity the show is sure to generate.
Old 07-09-04, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's showing right now on the WE (Women's Entertainment) channel. It replays again later tonight at 1 a.m. I've got Directv, so I'm not sure if it's on any cable networks. It's not a movie channel, so it's edited and has commercial breaks.

It seems like it would make a great Broadway Musical.

"There's nothing wrong with my face. It's got character." - Hatchetface I love that part.