Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best deals on Gameboy SP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-03, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best deals on Gameboy SP?

I was wanting to pick up one of these for one of my kids for his birthday in early January. I see it advertised everywhere for $99. Is this pretty much the best price, and are there any bundles?
Old 12-24-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought 6 of them off ebay for $420 or something like that for my Groomsmen. Have an extra one left over (cobalt blue) if you are interested. BTW, the Groomsmen cancelled at the last minute.
Old 12-24-03, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
There's a bundle at Costco for $129 that comes with DK Country and a strategy guide.
Old 12-24-03, 08:27 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
If you can find it, the gold bundle with SMB3 and the headphone coupon at Toys R Us for $99 is the best deal TRU's had all year. Hard to find these days, though. Probably see more start to show up after Xmas.

X
Old 12-24-03, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you have a Meijer's near you you can get it for 79.40 + tax out the door using santa bucks (PDF).

from VGtalk.com(note: you need to register to view the thread).

It is also viewable on the main page about a quarter of the way down.
Old 12-25-03, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by nickdawgy
There's a bundle at Costco for $129 that comes with DK Country and a strategy guide.
Target has a bundle with DKC for $99. No strategy guide, though, and the Game Boy is lime green.
Old 12-25-03, 11:01 PM

If you have a hastings nearby they are selling them for $69 after rebate during an after Xmas sale...
Old 12-26-03, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Our Hastings closed a year or two ago (couldn't handle the competition), and no Costco around here. The Target deal for $99 sounds good, my son would like DKC and wouldn't care about the color of the system. How long will that sale last?

The Meijer deal would have been good, but it ended on December 24 (the Santa Bucks).

Where can I find a coupon for Toys-r-Us for $99 for the game plus SMB3 & headphone?

His birthday will be the first weekend in January, so I need to pick up something before then.
Old 12-26-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Heat
The Target deal for $99 sounds good, my son would like DKC and wouldn't care about the color of the system. How long will that sale last?
Not a sale, but an exclusive bundle. They came out the day after Thanksgiving, I think. Might want to act fast, though, because they're pretty popular.
Old 12-26-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I called my local Toys-R-Us, they said that their bundle was only a "green friday" sale (or something like that), at this time they only had the system by itself for $99. I called Target, they said that the DKC special only lasted a week, about a month ago, though they also have just the system for $99.
Old 12-26-03, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
Target has a bundle with DKC for $99. No strategy guide, though, and the Game Boy is lime green.
I would have suggested the Target bundle, or even the Toys R Us one, but I didn't know they were still available.

Old 12-27-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Allright, I found a bundle, but I'm not sure if it is a good deal or not.

From EB Games (we have a store relatively close to my house): $139.97 for a Gameboy Advance SP, 1 game (Namco Museum or Pacman game (several different Pacman games), y-cable, ergo grips, stereo headphones, 7 game cases, maglens, free 1 year subscription to "electronic gaming monthly magazine" and free GMR magazine holiday issue.

OK, I don't mind paying $20 for either Namco Museum or Donkey Kong, so then the question is, is everything else a deal for $20? Mainly the ergo grips, maglens, stereo headphones, and the game cases?
Old 12-27-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Allright, I found a bundle, but I'm not sure if it is a good deal or not.

From EB Games (we have a store relatively close to my house): $139.97 for a Gameboy Advance SP, 1 game (Namco Museum or Pacman game (several different Pacman games), y-cable, ergo grips, stereo headphones, 7 game cases, maglens, free 1 year subscription to "electronic gaming monthly magazine" and free GMR magazine holiday issue.

OK, I don't mind paying $20 for either Namco Museum or Donkey Kong, so then the question is, is everything else a deal for $20? Mainly the ergo grips, maglens, stereo headphones, and the game cases?
depends if you think he'll use them or not.

Namco Museum and Pacman have been as low as $10 lately.
Old 12-29-03, 09:24 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
I called my local Toys-R-Us, they said that their bundle was only a "green friday" sale (or something like that), at this time they only had the system by itself for $99. I called Target, they said that the DKC special only lasted a week, about a month ago, though they also have just the system for $99.

I would keep checking with TRU for a little while yet. We've gotten a handful of the gold GBA's after Black Friday, so I THINK it's an on-going promotion. I could be wrong, though.

X
Old 01-04-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked one up from Circuit City tonight, for $99 with a free Nintendo carrying case (normally $8). I'll check with Toys-R-Us tomorrow before wrapping up this one (or opening it to charge the battery), the birthday party is tomorrow at 3pm.

Regarding the rechargeable battery, how long does it take to fully charge the first time?
Old 01-04-04, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was just at my local Target this past weekend and they still had a lot of the Lime Green GBA SP's in their cases, but if there was a special price one week I'm sure that's not still in effect. However, if you're looking to just buy one of the green ones, they're still out there.
Old 01-04-04, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Regarding the rechargeable battery, how long does it take to fully charge the first time?
3 hours

(if i remember right)