Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Question about Star Trek: Enterprise

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Star Trek: Enterprise

Okay, there was nothing else on last night because of repeats so I watched Enterprise for the first time in over a year. Can someone explain who the Xindi (sp?) are and why Capt Archer is so obsessed with them? What's the story on that shard that fell to earth with Xindi drawings on them?
Old 12-04-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
A probe was sent to earth, I think end of last season, that fired an energy beam that wiped out part of florida down into the caribean. Trip's sister was one of the millions of casualties. it was determined that the xindi did it and were planning on more attacks so Enterprise went off in search of them this season, with a detachment of marines to suppliment the security personel. in addition, the NX02 is having its contruction time increased, so probably at the end of this season/early next season there will be 2 warp 5 capable starfleet ships.
they also installed photon torpedoes, that look just like later trek photon torpedoes (same casing), but I don't think they are as powerfull

Last edited by mikehunt; 12-04-03 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-04-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Xindi are basically Al Qaeda in a subtle, Star Trek: Enterprise metaphor.
Old 12-04-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
in addition, the NX02 is having its contruction timed increased, so probably at the end of this season/eraly next season there will be 2 warp 5 capable starfleet ships.
really? When did they mention this on the show?
Old 12-04-03, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
maybe they didn't actually mention an increased contruction time, but Admiral Forrest did say when it would be finished and they showed it in dry dock before Archer headed out to the expanse.
the second ship probably won't get a lot of screen time but it'll be around
Old 12-04-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So what was that metal planet? I thought for sure they were going to discover it's a Dyson Sphere (remember that one?).
Old 12-05-03, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by hahn
So what was that metal planet? I thought for sure they were going to discover it's a Dyson Sphere (remember that one?).
The metal planet is one of many throughout the expanse. It's an artifical construct which may cause that area of space to be....funky. Therefore, the expanse is man-made. Why? We don't know the full reasons just yet.
Old 12-05-03, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not only has the show not been cancelled yet, but it gets a thread during a rerun week?!?

There is no God.

Originally posted by mikehunt
the second ship probably won't get a lot of screen time but it'll be around
I’m gonna have to trust you on the 2nd ship, ‘cause I don’t remember (which shouldn’t be a surprise).

Is it possible that this NX02 would end up being a replacement for Enterprise when, in the cliffhanger at the end of this season, the NX01 is destroyed? This would then be a convenient replacement, although they’ve always got time travel to fix things.
Old 12-05-03, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll be back in a bit, I just got out the tape with "The Expanse" on it and will see exactly what is said about the NX02
Old 12-05-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Forrest said the NX02 will be ready in 14 months. it'll have the same weapons as what they retrofitted onto the Enterprise.
they didn't say anything about speeding up contruction so I was wrong on that.
the scene was approximately 37 minutes into the episode
Old 12-06-03, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by Wizdar
Not only has the show not been cancelled yet, but it gets a thread during a rerun week?!?

There is no God.

I second that emotion! Will it ever be cancelled?
Old 12-06-03, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Wizdar
Like I said, I haven't seen the show in over a year. Just wanted an update since it looks like a lot has happened. Looks like they decided to TRY to make it a bit grittier.
Old 12-06-03, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by hahn
"That's not a Moon... it's a Space Station..."