Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Matrix Reloaded/revolutions toys

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-03, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://spawn.com/features/matrix2/agentsmith.html

No red dress.
Old 11-13-03, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Who the hell chooses these lousy poses? Damn you, Todd!
Old 11-13-03, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
No red dress.
probably wouldnt've been removable anyways...
Old 11-13-03, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
These will look good next to my series 1 set
Old 11-13-03, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by devilshalo
Who the hell chooses these lousy poses? Damn you, Todd!
well since they are toys they should be able to be possable.. oh wait.. it's McFarlane we're talking about, we are stuck with what we have in the package.

Speaking of series 1, I never even found the second twin (with blade)
Old 11-13-03, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wish they would have made Smith pointing the Deagle like in the first one or a normal standing up pose for Smith. Pretty decent looking though.
Old 11-13-03, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh.. the Sentinel looks pretty cool.
Old 11-13-03, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The APU looks posabale at least. The Trinity and Morpheus figures might as well be sculptures cuz they dont look posable at all.

Why can't McFarlane follow the lead of the Jaks WWE figures? Those things are more articulated than a Cirque de Soleil acrobat.

D
Old 11-13-03, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Forget articulation. I'd have been pleased with a decent Neo figure. Instead we get scrub Neo and superman Neo. For shame.
Old 11-13-03, 12:59 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Derrich
The APU looks posabale at least.
12" tall and "Between the APU and human driver, this set has more than 40 points of articulation - including several ball, gear-driven and pneumatic-style joints - and is incredibly poseable."

I gots to get me one of these. I need to find an Ebay seller where I can get them cheaper than in-store, like the last couple of MLB ones I bought.
Old 11-13-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
Mifune/APU figure =
Old 11-13-03, 03:42 PM

I'd rather have a figure that looks cool than have one with super posebility. Having said that, I wish Mcfarlane would come up with some better poses for their figures. The Smith and Neo set look somewhat stupid. They have a Niobe figure, who hardly had any screentime in the matrix (I don't care about ETM), but they don't have a Seraph figure?

I'm definately picking up the Sentinel and APU though.
Old 11-13-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks goodness....I live for toy threads.

Most of the figures are cool but Trinity and Niobe certainly lack in the coolness department. I think Morpheus and Real World Neo are my favorites. The rain battle pieces are cool but I don't think those poses happen on the street in the movie.

99% of the time I'm very happy having a static figure in a great pose. McFarlane picks great scenes and poses most of the time. The only time I've really been let down? The T3 box set. There were a number of better scenes in the movie ( the bathroom ) that could of made a far better boxed set.

I ordered all the figures and sets. My Sentinel is on it's way now and I can't wait. Normally I would just wait till they get in the local shops but with the way they short pack certain toys I wanted to preorder the whole set so the Twin incident doesn't happen to me with series 2. I preordered the first series and I'm not chancing anything with this series.
Old 11-14-03, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Sentinel is the only one that looks half-way cool, the rest look terrible and I'm a fan of Mcfarlane's work.
Old 11-14-03, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,207 Likes on 1,509 Posts
I used like alot of the McFarlane figures, but over the past few years I've grown disenchanted with their product. Maybe I'm an old school action figure fan, but articulation does mean something important to me. But hey, how about those Medicom RAH and Kubrick Matrix figures?
Old 11-14-03, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I realized that a while ago when they started to look more like statues then figures of the old todd toys. the first few lines actually moved an so forth.
Old 11-14-03, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What a bummer they didnt make a Seraph or the Merv's chick either. Im really digging the Real World Neo figure tho!
Old 11-14-03, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts
I like them
Old 11-14-03, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
I would rather have had real world Neo blind-folded with his hand out. And there are better poses of Neo doing his Superman thing in Reloaded, then there are in Revolutions. The same with Smith doing his General Zod impression.

I would love this as a box set:
Old 11-14-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Aside from the Real World Neo, I think those look pretty good. I'm a big fan of McFarlane's statue style, too.
Old 11-14-03, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by devilshalo
I would rather have had real world Neo blind-folded with his hand out. And there are better poses of Neo doing his Superman thing in Reloaded, then there are in Revolutions.
There are (toy and minor Revolutions spoiler)
Spoiler:
three different real world Neo heads, and one of them is the blind folded one. I think the other two are a normal head and one with his eyes burned out. I don't know if all three heads are included in the package, or if they'll be sold separately.
Old 11-18-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by beefjerky
There are (toy and minor Revolutions spoiler)
Spoiler:
three different real world Neo heads, and one of them is the blind folded one. I think the other two are a normal head and one with his eyes burned out. I don't know if all three heads are included in the package, or if they'll be sold separately.
All will be packaged in each Neo. I was so happy when I found that out.

My Sentinel arrived a bit ago and I never imagined it would be like this. It's certainly the biggest figure in my collection now.....surpassing the Château from the first series. It's weight is certainly going to be an issue because I don't see how that little base will support this huge thing. I'll have to use some tentacles to stabilize it. I really have no idea where it's going to be put. I wanted it on top of my Wega but I don't think it'll fit up there.

For the sheer size and detail this figure is an amazing deal and another work of art from McFarlane.
Old 11-19-03, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Niobe toy has some ass on it.

I think I'll get the Sentinel, looks sweet as hell.
Old 11-19-03, 03:56 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't mind posed figures, but I don't like the funky "action poses". I don't need my figures to reenact a scene form the movie, I want it to sit there like a cool-looking icon. All these falling/flying/flipping/'punching the air' figures don't work for me. The Trinity figure is one of the dumbest figures I've seen in quite some time. Hopefully Neca's "Kill Bill" figures aren't overboard like this.

That said, I love the Sentinel and the Mifune Apu is pretty awesome. Niobe is the coolest of the 'regular' figures in this series, but I don't like the character that much. Sitting Morpheus isn't bad, although the crossed legs look silly for some reason.
Old 11-19-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seems the rest of my figures will be here on Saturday.

Not sure how I'll pose Real World Neo since I had to relocate the Sentinel. I spent a few hours last night packing up some of my older figures trying make room for all these new ones.

The static figures aren't so bad. There is no way you'd see such detail if you had to hide joints and stuff like that and I'm sure the price would be higher. All my super articulated figures are nice but the detail is nowhere close to a McFarlane toy.

. I think the Trinity figure is only bad because of the lass a$$ base. Niobe is just a lame idea for a figure. There were many other characters that deserved a figure before her.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.