Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

In America trailer

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-03, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In America trailer

http://www.movie-list.com/i/inamerica.shtml

I've seen the poster to this movie in my local theater for a whole year now. Looks like it's finally going to get a release in New York and L.A. on November 24 . Hopefully, it will get a wider release after that because it looks stellar. A Jim Sheridan film with Samantha Morton and Djimon Hounsou. It's about an Irish immigrant who moves his family to New York to pursue his dreams of becoming an actor. It would look even better if it had Paul Walker, but I digress.
Old 10-31-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm supposed to be going to a screening of it on Monday. Jim Sheridan is going to be on hand at the screening...I'll come back and give some thoughts.

MATT
Old 10-31-03, 09:52 AM

I think this looks pretty good.
Old 11-04-03, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw the film last night. It was quite good. The performances are stellar, and the story is heart breaking and heartwarming all at the same time. This is a very personal story to Jim Sheridan. He spoke after the film, about all his life experiences that make their way into this film (which was cowritten by his daughters) and it certainly seems to be a family affair. If you want to see a very entertaining little movie, try and catch this. The children in this movie are phenomenal.... worth seeing.

MATT

4 out of 5 stars