Community
Search

Kudos to Disney DVD Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Kudos to Disney DVD Customer Service

We do a lot of ragging on the studios here, it seems like we're in a constant bitch & moan fest. But it's only right that we also do the other side, give praise where praise is due.

A couple months ago, I got a new copy of Disney's Beauty & The Beast for $9.99 at a local store. It was so cheap because it did not have the slipcover (slipcovered ones were $19.99)

It didn't matter to me back then.

But now that I have a few other Disneys, and am now more anal, B&TB looked like an oddball as the only one without a matching slipcover.

So, I used Disney DVD's web form to send a note. They replied and told me to call them to ask my request further.

Today, just under a week later, a brand new slipcover arrived in my mailbox, totally free. That's not something they had to do or "owed" me at all.

Thanks

Last edited by GuessWho; 10-23-03 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-23-03, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very cool

I had a positive experience too.

'cept mine was regarding the bastardized COLOURIZED/FULL FRAME Absent Minded Professor...
Old 10-23-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool... i didn't think they'd send you the slipcover. I also don't have one... wonder if i should ask too
Old 10-23-03, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I for one have never had a problem with their customer service. Its top notch, and I wish more studios would follow the same way concerning DVD replacement.
Old 10-24-03, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh?

I got two words for ya:

Monsters Inc.
Old 10-24-03, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got to give them a call this week. My Toy Story 1 disc from the Ultimate Toy Box won't play without breaking up and I want to see if I can get a replacement disc. Their web site says it's $10 to get a replacement. I meant to do this months ago and kept putting it off. Now that the set is OOP do you think they still have copies to send out for replacement?
Old 10-24-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hmmmm. Wonder if I could get a replacement Toy Story UTB box that my young son got ahold of and shredded.
Old 10-24-03, 02:49 AM

Disney's Customer Service is excellent about replacing cover art or damaged dics. I bought several previously viewed DVD's at BBV once and they sent me out the inserts for all of them at no charge. They have also replaced a few dvd's that were defective or problematic.
Old 10-24-03, 05:36 AM
Cool New Member

I can also say Disney dvd customer service is great...

I bought the Snow white platinum dvd onlinve, I was a bit careless with it. It got a scratch and it kept skipping in certain parts of the movie. I called Disney Dvd customer service and told them my problem. I mailed the damaged disc to them, and they replaced it for free! They warned me to be more careful with my discs. I have learned my lesson. I also wish other studios would be so kind as they are!
Old 10-24-03, 11:00 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I too had a great experience with them last year when one of the Davy Crockett discs was bad. They replaced it with no problems whatsoever.
Old 10-24-03, 01:01 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by chipmac
I've got to give them a call this week. My Toy Story 1 disc from the Ultimate Toy Box won't play without breaking up and I want to see if I can get a replacement disc. Their web site says it's $10 to get a replacement. I meant to do this months ago and kept putting it off. Now that the set is OOP do you think they still have copies to send out for replacement?
If you look at my post, I got the Snow White DVD replaced THIS YEAR! Snow White has been OOP for some time. I think when Disney puts their discs on moratorium(OOP) status they ask the stores to send them back the unsold copies. So I believe they may still have some Toy Story discs left. You need to call them first and see.
Old 10-24-03, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gotta disagree. Got Schoolhouse Rock and it came with 2 disc 2's and no disc 1. I've been trying to get my disc 2 exchanged and was promised 3 times they would send a replacement and mailer for a return. Time to call *again*!
Old 10-25-03, 03:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an Atlantis CE with 2 disc 2's. I took the whole package to The Disney Store and they just handed me a new one, even though I didn't buy it there.
Old 11-05-03, 12:47 AM

What's Disney's Customer Service number?

I emailed the DisneyStore and they told me to try to call DeliverEARS at 1 (800) 760-3566. Then the lady on the phone at DeliverEARS acted like I was crazy and said she couldn't help me get a slipcase.

What number can I call to get a Sleeping Beauty slipcase?