Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Lyon's Den 10/19/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Lyon's Den 10/19/03

Jack's boy scout aura gets challenged. A close friend's family uses him to scam money.

LL&L's security (Cliff Roberts) gets played up as the deepthroat of the place, with every appearance signifying ominous developments. Very melodramatic, hope the payoff is worth the build-up.

Jack's replacement at the law clinic is a funny bit, totally caught George off-guard.

Brit is not a woman to be messed with, as the idiot crooner with the journal of Dan Barrington found out.

Is Grant turning a page on his nefarious ways? Probably not. But you have to wonder what Ariel's angle is with her sudden re-interest in Grant. Even after she gave him the sexual harrassment riot act last week.

Robert Picardo needs a better role than the weekly cop appearance that strings the running thread of the mystery of Dan Barrington's death.
Old 10-20-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 621 Likes on 500 Posts
This was the best episode to date.

Robert Picardo needs a better role than the weekly cop appearance that strings the running thread of the mystery of Dan Barrington's death.
From what I have read, this is NBC's doing. They wanted to dumb down the show by emphasizing the weekly cases instead of the on-going mystery.

Looks like they are just plagarizing The Firm with the geezer head of firm security.
Old 10-20-03, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, they have the creator of the show, Remi Aubuchon, going away because he didn't like the way the show was being developed (as more separate cases/show, rather than the big season long mystery arc he was going for).
Old 10-20-03, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of all, this episode was finally in HD.
Old 10-20-03, 02:36 PM
Banned

NBC really likes to dumb down their shows (i.e. Boomtown).
Old 10-20-03, 04:22 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 267 Likes on 202 Posts
NBC

The episodes that have focused more on cases haven't been that good. Looks like they're well on their way to killing this show now.
Old 10-20-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One question that I started a thread on a couple of weeks ago and never got any replies. This pilot of this show was shown in letterbox format on standard television...since then, its been shown in regular 4:3. Whats the reason for this? Its not a big deal, but if I can watch a show in the widescreen format, I do prefer it.
Old 10-20-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 621 Likes on 500 Posts
You know for all the dumbing down of shows (desire for stand-alones) by the networks, it makes you wonder why they salivate over the reality shows that basically play out in a serial format.