Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What Ever Happened To X-Files 2?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-03, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the show ended...I recalled Chris Carter talking about making a sequel to the movie....Any word on this?
Old 08-07-03, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I would have to think they are bit too far beyond the series time-wise now to have the buzz for a second movie. Not to mention so many fans for very much turned off by the last two seasons, and that the first movie only pulled in around $80 million.

As much as I would like some more good X-Files, I don't have my hopes up for it.
Old 08-07-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,658 Likes on 1,034 Posts
They keep talking about it though.

In fact, I swear I read something just a few weeks ago talking about both David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson being on board for another film.
Old 08-07-03, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think it's going to be in theaters until 2012.

I know, I know, nerdy obscure X-Files joke.
Old 08-07-03, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i would go see it. i really liked the first one and while i got turned off the series in the last couple of years, if both scully AND mulder were back i would be there.
Old 08-07-03, 04:32 PM

Yeah, after the stupid cliffhanger finale I don't see how they will make a movie from such a convoluted ending. I almost think it would be better to do a prequel and have a sort of lost case, at least then they could have the cancerman back.
Old 08-07-03, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
What do they need CSM for? The alien invasion is going to happen with or without him. He is but one cog in the machine. I don't know how well this analogy will go over but he reminds me of Stefano DiMera on Days of our Lives. Supposed to be a bit part at first, the fans loved the character so they keep him. Then kill him off, then bring him back, then kill him off, then bring him back...it gets kinda tiring. I however am always up for Krychek, never get tired of him. What has Nicholas Lea been up to anyway?
Old 08-07-03, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope it happens but they need all the writers from the show to do the script and the entire surviving cast needs to be there.

The idea being kicked around was a giant monster "episode" on the big screen. The alien invasion is so messed up at this point I think a stand alone movie would be much better.

I want it to happen but I'll lie without if it never comes to be. Unlike most people.....I liked ALL seasons of the X-Files. Mulder was a big part of the show obviously but him leaving made room for some really great characters and stories.
Old 08-07-03, 08:26 PM

Last I heard the movie was going to be happening in the next couple of years...I would expect one in Summer or Christmas of 2005.

The one thing I've heard about the movie is that they'd all like to do a "stand-alone" X-Files film that had nothing to do with the alien mythology...which is a great idea.

You can see Chris Carter's statements (Made over a year ago) about this by following this link:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808406645