Old 07-31-03, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eidos dumps Core Designs as Tomb Raider developer

I found this on Gamers.com

Gamers.com: News:

Core Design Canned As Tomb Raider Developer

By: Axel Strohm July 30, 2003 10:41 AM PDT
In a surprising move, Eidos today announced as part of its trading update that it will ditch Core Design as the developer of the Tomb Raider games. The reins of the series will be handed over to US studio Crystal Dynamics, which is hard at work on Legacy Of Kain: Defiance, among other things. The next Tomb Raider title is scheduled for release during the fiscal year concluding June 30, 2005.
Eidos will now also evaluate Core Design's ongoing direction and contribution as part of the company's overall development capabilities. After the lukewarm reception of Herdy Gerdy and the not-so-flawless development of Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness, it will be interesting to see where Core Design is headed.

Gamers.com Core/Eidos story

This is probably a good thing for Eidos. The Tomb Raider franchise has gone downhill in recent years. Maybe Crystal Dynamics can take it in a new direction.
Old 07-31-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe, but then again, Maybe the whole gimmick of "Look she has big boobs and is a female indiana jones" is already to far gone. only time will tell.
Old 07-31-03, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've never been interested in the series at all--it just never appealed to me. I think that if you need to pay $50 to look at some video game character's breasts then you have something wrong with you. That seemed to be the appeal for most people that I know that played the game--"dude, she has big boobs, huh huh". I just never understood that and probably never will.
Old 07-31-03, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by PalmerJoss
I've never been interested in the series at all--it just never appealed to me. I think that if you need to pay $50 to look at some video game character's breasts then you have something wrong with you. That seemed to be the appeal for most people that I know that played the game--"dude, she has big boobs, huh huh". I just never understood that and probably never will.
The first two games were really good. The tits weren't even a big deal when the original first came out, I'm not sure if that was the fault of advertisers or reviewers.
Old 07-31-03, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally posted by Aghama
The first two games were really good. The tits weren't even a big deal when the original first came out, I'm not sure if that was the fault of advertisers or reviewers.
Agreed. I liked it simply because of the flipping and gun play, along with some massive bosses and interesting puzzles.

Here's hoping they can get back to that level.
Old 07-31-03, 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Maybe, but then again, Maybe the whole gimmick of "Look she has big boobs and is a female indiana jones" is already to far gone. only time will tell.
I have to agree with jack here I'm sick and tried of them saying how she is such a good role modal and people like her cause she is such a strong woman. Yeah she has to be strong to hold them tits up and jump around with them. I can't stand Lara for this reason I mean just say it. The woman is just a sex symbol if they believe in her so much make them breast smaller and see how much sells go down wait they going down anyway ha ha I was talking about Lara and said going down I made funny HA HA. Yeah I know it was not funny so shut the hell up :P OK I'm going to lay down now.