Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

"Blood & Black Lace": NEW GERMAN DVD. DIGIPAK. ANYONE GET IT YET?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-03, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there, I was wondering if any of you posters with an "All Region" PAL to NTSC player picked up the new German release of Mario Bava's, "Blood & Black Lace", (AKA: Blutige Seide, on this German dvd) yet?

It's in German or Italian Audio, w/ optional English Subs, and way out does the US Release by VCI of this Masterpiece of Italian Cinema, commonly referred to as "Gialli" or Giallo's. It's got tons of extra's, mostly in German, unfortunete, for those of us who can't speak nor understand it, but the transfer on the movie itself is spectucular. It comes in a nice "digi-pack" w/ raised blood-looking metallic lettering in the front & back of case. A very impressive looking cover as well as the transfer & sound of this movie indeed. It wasn't a very cheap dvd to pick up. It costed me $40, and I got 2 of them. One for myself, and the other for a friend who backed out at the last minute, so now I'm stuck with one. Unfortunetly, i can't send it back to the seller, but maybe I'll just try to get rid of it on Ebay, for a cheaper price? I suppose if I get anything for it, it'll be better than nothing?

I like to hear other people's comments on this German release, if they got it, or are looking to buy it soon? If you seen the US VCI release and this one also, what are your comments on the differences? Thanks folks!
Old 06-29-03, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

perhaps you should post in the International section
Old 06-29-03, 04:48 PM

thank you. I'm fairly new on this board and have not posted a great deal. I'll try to find that section & post there.
Old 06-29-03, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just read about it in VW.

btw, I'll buy that extra copy off you.

Last edited by gutwrencher; 07-04-03 at 01:26 AM.
Old 07-03-03, 01:34 PM

WOW!!!!! thanks a million....just got it in the mail!!!!!! wrapped in black velvet....COOL!!!!!
Old 07-03-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by gutwrencher
WOW!!!!! thanks a million....just got it in the mail!!!!!! wrapped in black velvet....COOL!!!!!
I think you'll be equally impressed with the quality of the disc itself especially with you being a big Bava fan
just don't watch the disc if you've got a migraine.....boy! those colours are striking!!
Old 07-03-03, 05:15 PM

Hope you enjoy it my friend. I love the digi-pack cover, that's one of a kind huh? If you ever saw the US VCI release, it can't even compare to this one. They really did a bang-up job on this disc.

Also just for thought, I just got a couple copies of the now oop, "What Have They Done To Your Daughters?" I've seen it on a bad bootleg tape, but it'll be nice to see it on this Salvation dvd. Hope you enjoy the B&BL dvd.
Old 07-03-03, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by Giallofan
Hope you enjoy it my friend. I love the digi-pack cover, that's one of a kind huh? If you ever saw the US VCI release, it can't even compare to this one. They really did a bang-up job on this disc.

yep...now I have both. I just found out that there were only 1,000 of these made.

Last edited by gutwrencher; 07-04-03 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-03-03, 08:16 PM

Yep, that's all there are of that one, 1000 units. Very limited edition. A very welcomed edition to any Giallo, or Bava fan. I knew you'd love it.