Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help! Toshiba DVD player no longer accepts remote's signals!

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-03, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't be as big of an issue if there were buttons on the actual player, but my Toshiba SD-2109 (model # from memory, will check when I get home) is no longer accepting any signals from my remotes. I have the Sony Integrated remote, and at first thought it was a programming issue...but I dug out the actual Toshiba remote and placed fresh batteries in it. No response. As a result, I cannot play any DVDs that do not "auto-play" as I cannot select "Enter." All other aspects of the player work fine. No problems to date.

Fortunately, I can play my movies through my kid's XBox, but I want to know if this problem has been encountered before and if it is fixable. The player IS almost 4 years old, but I'd rather spend the money on more movies than a new player.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-30-03, 06:09 PM

You mean there are other ways to play a DVD other than on a Xbox? Cool!

Has the enter button worked previously on the universal remote for the player? If not maybe if all Toshiba remotes work on the same signal, you could bring your Universal into a dealer and try to have it learn the signal from one of their Toshiba remotes. At least maybe that can eliminate one issue.
Old 05-01-03, 08:46 PM
Rest in Peace

I have a Toshiba SD-4800 no problems, but one of my Sony players has a unusal turn off of remote. You hit it, then your remote won't work. If Sony has one you can bet some other manufacturer has one also, check your manual to see if this is possible with your player. Reverse the instructions if the answer is yes, to allow your remote to do the things you want; it worked for me I don't turn of remotes any more! Good Luck
Old 05-02-03, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the responses. It magically started working after leaving it off for a day. Both remotes, Sony Integrated and the supplied Toshiba remote, are working fine. Possible glitch? I dunno.

I hope it is not a sign of things to come.