Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

what happened to csi tonight? - 1/19

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-03, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what happened to csi tonight?

wasn't there supposed to be a special sunday night csi tonight? for some reason i'm getting everybody loves raymond...what's up with that?
Old 01-19-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Stupid CBS apparently had figured on a half hour or so post game show to air after a game any idiot could have told them would run over so they must have decided it was too late to broadcast a one hour show. How ridiculous to schedule it in the first place if they were going to do this.

So the question is: Will the scheduled rerun be shown tomorrow or the new show which was supposed to air tonight? I suspect they'll show the rerun rather than risk the wrath of people missing a new show because the rerun was scheduled.
Old 01-19-03, 11:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts
tvguide.com has the ep that was supposed to air tonight as a rerun. It was the ep with the the family that had been shot to death in their home. The father, who was shot in the back, and the toddler walking around covered in blood were the only ones who survived.
Old 01-20-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My newspaper had a new episode listed. It must have been a late change when they finally figured out how late it would have to start. Then they changed that to showing a half hour show instead.
Old 01-20-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Like MrX posted, my local TV listings had last night's episode as a repeat of the one with the blood covered little girl. but it also lists tonight's episode as a repeat as well.
Old 01-20-03, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I flipped onto my local CBS affiliate during primetime, I saw a informerical for leprosy. That was sort of...uh...odd.
Old 01-20-03, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
tvguide.com has the ep that was supposed to air tonight as a rerun. It was the ep with the the family that had been shot to death in their home. The father, who was shot in the back, and the toddler walking around covered in blood were the only ones who survived.
My local listing shows that for Monday night episode. Listing for the one that should have aired Sunday night:
EPISODE: Bunk
CATEGORY: Crime
SYNOPSIS: Horatio and Speedle investigate a ring of underground labs manufacturing deadly drugs.
Old 01-20-03, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

trust me im VERY glad they aired raymond instead of csi. I work at a CBS affiliate station, and if they would of aired csi i would have been stuck there until midnight. network is really weird when it comes to what they air after football games. sometimes this past season if the games went late they might drop a rerun or two to keep us somewhat on time, but in the past few weeks they hadnt. they definately made the right call, because trust me, you can never tell how long these games last. if they would have just "figured" the game would go so long and schedule raymond in the first place they would have been more screwed.
Old 01-20-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why don't networks ever slap on an extra half hour to game times? They know that the majority of games run over anyway. Even if it doesn't, that gives them some extra time for game highlights and post-game shows. Then we wouldn't have to deal with them not running scheduled programs.
Old 01-20-03, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

so is there any way to find out when last night's special episode will be aired?
Old 01-20-03, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by rocketsauce
trust me im VERY glad they aired raymond instead of csi. I work at a CBS affiliate station, and if they would of aired csi i would have been stuck there until midnight. network is really weird when it comes to what they air after football games. sometimes this past season if the games went late they might drop a rerun or two to keep us somewhat on time, but in the past few weeks they hadnt. they definately made the right call, because trust me, you can never tell how long these games last. if they would have just "figured" the game would go so long and schedule raymond in the first place they would have been more screwed.
Why doesn't CBS do what NBC used to do? They would schedule a Dateline and cut it a segment or two so the rest of the schedule would be on time. Even Fox usually cuts a show to keep on time. I know they don't want to cut 60 Minutes but they could schedule it for 7:00 (central) during the football season and put something expendable before it.

I've seen Ebert and Roeper air on our local CBS affiliate as late as almost midnight (it's scheduled for 10:30 central).
Old 01-20-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by broadwayblue
so is there any way to find out when last night's special episode will be aired?
I'm sure it will just be rescheduled for a later date.
Old 01-20-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it wasnt a new episode. the reason they called it a special episode is because it didnt air in its normal time slot. just like how sometimes networks might air the first or second episode of a reality show again a few weeks after their original airdate and call it a special episode.
Old 01-20-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by rocketsauce
it wasnt a new episode. the reason they called it a special episode is because it didnt air in its normal time slot. just like how sometimes networks might air the first or second episode of a reality show again a few weeks after their original airdate and call it a special episode.
Actually, it originally was going to be a new episode, as it was listed in newspapers around the country.

Also, my TiVo listings had it as a new episode up until at least Friday or so. On Saturday or Sunday it was changed to the rerun in one of the daily updates.