Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SOCOM addiction

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-02, 03:21 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOCOM addiction

I've been playing online lately, but the thing is I play so long it's crazy. For some reason you never notice the time when you play and then it's suddenly way too late for you. It's awesome though finding a group and fitting in and taking out another group. Yeah the Rambos are annoying...

Anyway, anyone else playing this game way too much?
Old 09-12-02, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Amen! This game simply vaporizes the time. I will start playing around six or so, knowing full well I have studying to do (college). Then before I know it, its going on 10:00. Then there's times I say to myself "just one more game", and after that game, I rationalize some reason that the last game didn't count, and Ill end up playing two or three more. I know I'm truly addicted when i suck at a game, and still I can't stop playing it. (I am getting better though)
Old 09-12-02, 04:48 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by caiman
Amen! This game simply vaporizes the time. I will start playing around six or so, knowing full well I have studying to do (college). Then before I know it, its going on 10:00. Then there's times I say to myself "just one more game", and after that game, I rationalize some reason that the last game didn't count, and Ill end up playing two or three more. I know I'm truly addicted when i suck at a game, and still I can't stop playing it. (I am getting better though)
That sounds exactly like me. Yeah I kinda suck too. I get "one more game syndrome" constantly. Yeah just one more game, oh I played like **** that time, I can't go out like that, one more game. Luckily the game is a little buggy and you do end up getting booted from time to time, that's usually what gets me off.
Old 09-13-02, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It also is really hard for me because each round only lasts a few minutes, so I'm like "Well, that was only 4 minutes, I can play another round." Then 4 minutes turned magically into 45 or 60. It is one of those games that's so immersive that you lose all track of time.
Old 09-13-02, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I haven't gotten very far, first level single player, and I can't figure out where to set the damn satchel charges. I've set one but now it tells me I'm on top of or under the star and I don't know where to set the second, third, etc. Oh yeah, did I mention I am still on the barge?
Old 09-14-02, 02:22 AM

you've gotta set it next to the other generator that looks like where you dropped the first one. its in the same room. just point your crosshairs at it and tell your team to 'deploy satchel'