Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Madden 2003 problem, or maybe I'm the problem.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-02, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought Madden 03 for PS2 the other day and have been playing it nonstop since (almost done with the minigames!) I started a season on Pro and am getting killed in every game! But in Rookie, I'm leading by 30 by halftime. Does anyone else have this problem? Do I just suck at the game? I'm trying to find a nice balance. Maybe I just need to practice.
Old 08-30-02, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Won the Superbowl with the Broncos on Pro in 2 days. I was just getting into the mini camp and football 101 when I started laying online and now I am doing that.
Old 08-30-02, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Would you say your problem is offense or defense?
Old 08-31-02, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I suggest practice and figure out which defensive alignment to use for different situations. Remember, just because your team is a 4-3 defense doesn't mean you can't drop into the 46 on 1st and 10 if you know the offense will run or go for a long pass. With the right blitz package you can do just about anything in that situation. Also, don't be afraid to adjust your line or linebackers and pick your audibles and learn them. Don't be afraid to experiment.
Old 08-31-02, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by s}{ammer
I suggest practice and figure out which defensive alignment to use for different situations. Remember, just because your team is a 4-3 defense doesn't mean you can't drop into the 46 on 1st and 10 if you know the offense will run or go for a long pass. With the right blitz package you can do just about anything in that situation. Also, don't be afraid to adjust your line or linebackers and pick your audibles and learn them. Don't be afraid to experiment.
wow this sounds more like work than play

I guess this is why I am better at RPG's than sports games. I am not willing to put in the time to get good enough

I do agree that you should look at where you are having the most problems- if teams are walking over you- work on defense. if you are just not able to move the ball at all then try to work on the offense.

if both are a problem...

I do hear Mark of Kri is fun

Also maybe you just need more practice at the game. of course sometimes you have to get beaten by a game a bunch before you start noticing ways to play the game and get better against the harder AI.
Old 08-31-02, 09:44 AM

well if you want a true touch challenge, change your Computer A.I.'s setting to be top notch, and lower your settings at the same time. Play All-Madden, and if your able to win a game, you are a true winner.
Old 08-31-02, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the same situation.

Sucks dont it.
Old 08-31-02, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Madden doesn't have the adjustable difficutly slidders like NFL 2K3?

Its easy to adjust the difficulty to exactly what you want in NFL 2K3. You can make the running harder or passing harder, but also make playing defense easier. Too bad Madden doesn't have this.
Old 08-31-02, 12:36 PM

Madden has AI sliders.
Old 08-31-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

im playing on all pro, the computer always whoops my ass
its pretty annoying
Old 08-31-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess defence is my main problem. I try to tackle but the other teams key players just run right through. On offence I can't run. I never make positive yardage, doesn't matter what I do. Passing is ok. I'll play with the sliders and try to get the defense down a little.
Old 09-01-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

First of all what team are you useing?what plays are you picking?

I find it easy to run with a good back and I run no where with a bad RB,if the team your useing has a 65 overall D your gonna give up TDs and same with offence,what I would do is pick a team and get good with them like the Rams and work your way from there.If you cant win with them you might wanna give another sport a try.
Old 09-02-02, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Mopower
I guess defence is my main problem. I try to tackle but the other teams key players just run right through. On offence I can't run. I never make positive yardage, doesn't matter what I do. Passing is ok. I'll play with the sliders and try to get the defense down a little.
This is my problem exactly. I can't tackle. Opponents will run right by 4 of my players before a CPU controlled player in my secondary finally takes him down.

Also, I can't (usually) run. That's more of a problem of me not seeing the holes in time before my RB gets hammered.

I find myself gaining all of my yardage passing. It doesn't take opponents long to figure out my game plan then. I'm working on things, trying to get "in shape" for the DVD Talk league.