Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Van Wilder review --- must own

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-02, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

National lampoon's Van Wilder is probably one of the coolest dvd's for no other reason that the menu screens. Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but you can "uncensor" the menu screens and the menu host girl just takes her shirt off, wow what else can i say. It is also a two-disk spec. ed. packed with great outtakes and del. scenes, but some of you might not get past the menu screen or the easter eggs i have found so far. Trust me even if you don't like the movie you need to get it just for the coolness of the menu screens. If you're wondering how i have seen it it's because i work at a video store and we get pre-streets. Trust me this is a must own.

peace
Old 08-18-02, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing missing was a commentary - that would've made the package complete. I agree with you, tho, it is a loaded set
Old 08-21-02, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

dvd is nice. i just wish i liked the movie more. what annoys me is that i bought the unrated version, yet i have to click the tab to veiw the unrated menus. that seems kinda stupid. plus i find alot of the options incredibly hard to read on a 27 inch tv.
Old 08-24-02, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
I must admit I liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would. I laughed pretty hard at most of it. I wish I would have bought it when Best Buy had offered the digital coupon for it.... So where is the easter egg hidden??? Didn't find it.
Old 08-24-02, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Gsuscryst
dvd is nice. i just wish i liked the movie more. what annoys me is that i bought the unrated version, yet i have to click the tab to veiw the unrated menus. that seems kinda stupid. plus i find alot of the options incredibly hard to read on a 27 inch tv.
I assume that's in case someone accidently bought the unrated version, or in case you're screening the movie for people whom you don't want to have tits flashing on screen for.

-Brian
Old 08-24-02, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by d2cheer
So where is the easter egg hidden??? Didn't find it.
- Load up the first disc and select "unrated menu"
- Go to Settings, keep scrolling down until the star under and to the right of "Settings" is highlighted. Select it.
- Go back to the main menu.
- Keep scrolling UP (won't work if you scroll down) until a star in the middle of the screen is highlighted. Select it.

And tah dah, enjoy the show. I'm pretty sure there's an egg on the second disc as well, I just haven't cracked all of it. Just like the main disc, on the special features disc there's a hidden star you can select, but I haven't figured out yet what else you have to do to unlock it.

-Brian
Old 08-26-02, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Best menus ever!!! The movies was pretty funny also.
Old 08-27-02, 04:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by BJacks
I assume that's in case someone accidently bought the unrated version, or in case you're screening the movie for people whom you don't want to have tits flashing on screen for.

-Brian
If you didn't want tits flashing on screen for certain people, I'd hope you wouldn't be playing the film for them in the first place.
Old 08-28-02, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been thinking about this movie for a week now. There just aren't enough good reviews as to renting or owning this movie. I completely missed the chance to buy when BB was throwing in Weekend at Bernie's, but I just don't like spending my money on something I would'nt like.
Old 08-28-02, 09:28 AM

That menu sounds awesome, but not sure if it will be worth buying that movie...watched most of the movie and didn't think it was all that funny... but hell I bought American Pie Unrated for obvious reasons, so I might as well swallow my pride and grab this also .
Old 08-28-02, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought it and Rambo First Blood for the $5 off bonus and Van Wilder had to be one of the better blind purchases this year. I loved the gross humor, as well as the T&A I sure do miss sex filled comedies like the ones from the 80's. If you liked Hot Resort, Revenge Of The Nerds, Screwballs, Private School, Hardbodies, Hamburger The Motion Picture, or any of those other 80's teen sex flicks you'll like Van Wilder
Old 08-28-02, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds cool have to check it out
Old 08-29-02, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So are any or many of the girls getting nakkid in this movie or what? I know Tara Reid prolly doesn't though.
Old 08-29-02, 06:47 AM

Tara Reid doesn't, but the girl from the menus is topless in one scene. There's also some non-nudity sex.
Old 08-29-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

there is so very very little nudity. like said, the girl from the menu goes topless and so does one other girl for like a second or two.

and on the unrated disc, the special delted scene that isn't on the rated, is a guy stripping for the two gay guys.

the best part of the dvd is the unrated menu. but most likely, in one way or another, you probably already own a movie that has a girl topless. i'd say just rent it.