Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Question about DVD overheating/ventilating

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-02, 05:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Sony DVD player. It was working fine the other night when I went to bed. I was watching Fight Club. I fell asleep while it was on. When I woke up 5 hrs later I tried watching the end of the movie again but the player said "insert disc". I tried two other dvds and it both said the same thing. The disc spins around then stops. I moved the dvd player to a better ventilated (sp?) area to see if it would air out, but I still get the same thing. I'm not sure if the prob is ventilation or not, but thats the only thing I can think of...does anyone have any advice? The player is about 1 1/2 yrs old. Thanks.
Old 03-07-02, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A couple years ago my DVD-ROM's optic went dud. The disc spin, but the drive can't read the disc.
Old 03-07-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I am not sure heat would cause it to not recognize the disc.

If you left it running, the movie should have ended. If it is not recognizing other discs it maybe that the lens is dirty or has been knocked out of alignment somehow.

If it cannot read anything you may be forced to decide between service or a new machine.

Sorry and good luck.
Old 03-07-02, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Brian Shannon
I am not sure heat would cause it to not recognize the disc.

If you left it running, the movie should have ended. If it is not recognizing other discs it maybe that the lens is dirty or has been knocked out of alignment somehow.

If it cannot read anything you may be forced to decide between service or a new machine.

Sorry and good luck.
But when the film finish, the player will load the menu, and it will comes into a loop.