Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tiger Woods 2002 for PS2

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-02, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger Woods 2002 for PS2

Anyone else pick up this game? What are your thoughts?

I got it yesterday and have been playing it almost non-stop for 2 days. I absolutely LOVE the game. It has a few features kinda like Hot Shots Golf, but the graphics and the new controls they made for the game are great. Its almost sorta Golden Tee-ish the way you take your shots with the analog stick. There are 6 courses that are very nice looking and right off the bat the game isnt impossible to do well, but at the same time its very challenging. I would defintely recommend this game to any fans of video game golf or at least rent it to experience how great a game this really is.
Old 03-06-02, 06:59 PM
Mod Emeritus

Does it have online support?
Old 03-06-02, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was trying to talk my wife into a golf game we could play together. I thought this would be a good choice but we rented Swing Away Golf instead. We both agree that we'd rather have something more realistic.

I borrowed Tiger Woods 2001 from my boss before and loved it but the cover and screen shots for 2002 didn't look as good. But if it's as good or better than I'd certainly rather have it.

We got the hang of 2001 pretty fast and this Swing Away Golf is too freakin touchy when it comes to controls.

I thought about waiting for Hot Shots 3 to come out and rent that as well. Too many choices. ARGH.
Old 03-06-02, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Does it have online support?
not that i can see anywhere on the box or manual or in-game

does any PS2 game yet?
Old 03-06-02, 10:45 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Virus

not that i can see anywhere on the box or manual or in-game

does any PS2 game yet?
Tony Hawk 3
Old 03-07-02, 09:06 AM
Cool New Member

It's only a matter of time before most games will have online support.
Old 03-07-02, 09:45 AM

Online play on the PS2 is still such a pipe dream.. It kills me how something that maybe 5% of the owners of the PS2 use gets mentioned easily 75% of the time in reviews and news articles.
The amount of people with the resources and know how to play Tony Hawk 3 online on the PS2 is so minimal, and when Sony releases there hard drive/net connection combo (whenever that is) it still is not going to be enough to make this something that most games support. Add-on hardware has never sold well, and if you could purchase an X-box with built in support for $300, or an add-on for the not as advanced PS2 for $150 (guess) what are you really going to do?

I'm sorry, I don't meant to get off on a tangent but there is a reason Nintendo is not doing online gaming right now, it's not a realistic goal...yet.

-Craig
Old 03-07-02, 09:50 AM

Of course, right after I posted that I saw this news story on Yahoo.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...tech_sony_dc_2

They announced an August launch and a $39.99 for the network adapter (broadband and dial-up support). I still think online gaming is a niche market that has captured the buzz. How many people that have a decent PC (Geforce card, 600+ processor and 128+ Ram) want to deal with un-hooking their network cable from the PC and hooking it up to the PS2 so they can play Quake 3 on their TV instead of the PC? I have had the ability since the Dreamcast and never was compelled enough to do so....... anyone?
Old 03-07-02, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ok...people......make your own online gaming thread

anyone have comments about tiger woods 2002?
Old 03-07-02, 10:02 AM
Mod Emeritus

I used to play Tiger Woods golf on the PC, it had microphone support so you could talk to people. It was a great way to meet people from around the country doing some fun. Made the game a lot more interesting and fun.
Old 03-08-02, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TW2002 has to have the best AI I have ever seen in a video game.

When the computer has to make a big putt it does, it always keeps the pressure on, and always seems to make a mistake just when you need it too but without making it cheesy.

What do you guys max out first? I have my Power, Putting (cause I suck), then spin above everything else.
Old 03-11-02, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally made it out to get this tonight.

This game is great. I was so wrong about it looking worse than 2001 in the screenshots. So far I'm very impressed. The reaction when Tiger makes or breaks a shot is great. And those powered up shots. WOW

I'm not a fan of sports at all but I bought SSX Tricky right after getting my PS2 and now I just had to have this game. I think I'll be hooked on this game and all future versions.

Made my first hole in one about 2 hours of playing and unlocked another course so I'm gonna go check it out now.
Old 03-11-02, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by RaptorsFan
What do you guys max out first? I have my Power, Putting (cause I suck), then spin above everything else.

i went with power and accuracy first, while keeping putting close behind those two. then i went with approach, recovery, and spin. the last three i didnt do all at once, but slowly built them up in that order.
Old 03-11-02, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My former boss came to visit today and we played a few holes. He has 2001 and is amazingat it. Well....he sucked hard at 2002.

I felt pretty good about kicking his butt.

I goofed and missed saving a really sweet hole in one. I was so ticked.
Old 03-12-02, 10:53 AM
Cool New Member

It's a good feeling beating your boss.
Old 03-12-02, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah it was nice to make him feel like less of a man

but he ripped thru GTA3 so fast it would make your head spin and I just now got to the last island. I took a bit of a break on the game but I was still pretty slow.
Old 03-15-02, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

man is this game freakin great. i had 2001 and i wasnt wild about it at all. this one has me playing it for like 5 hours at a time. right now im at a plateau, in the tiger challenge i cant get past tigers real life roomate, Kosh or something like that. you play him at the black tees on canyon rock. every time he hits the green its always like two or three feet from the pin.
Old 03-16-02, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

anyone know what course and hole you can get on the green in 1 on a par 5 to get the trophy ball?....i've played this game countless times and cant think of which one it is
Old 03-19-02, 05:16 PM

Just got this game today, it's fantastic!!
My fiancee and I played some speed golf, what a blast!
Is it just me or does the putting seem overly difficult? I am short on every putt.