Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Once of the weirdest in game glitches I have ever seen on Madden 2002 GC...

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-02, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so I am playing my season, game 13 as the Ravens vs the Colts. Now I start the game off very well, Kickoff, they fumble, returned for a touchdown. It is a very good thing to have points early on as the Ravens in this game.

Well I force a punt on there first drive, and on the return I fumble. Now this is where things get odd.

The screen rotates like it would for a defensive recovery, but it never says defense recovers...infact, the ball is still bouncing around the turf. For some reason no one can land on or pick up the ball, it just keeps bouncing around in the pile. So 22 guys are killing each other on the turf to get the K-Y jelly covered football. Ok so the clock is running during all of this. I just sit back and watch. It goes on for 3 or 4 minutes until the ball goes out of bounds and the slapstick is over.

Really odd.

Then for some reason all of my defensive starters have been replaced, and I can't sub the starters back in. When I sub them, they never change.

That ended after the first quarter. All my players were back at there original positions.

Anyone else had weird glitches with this game, or other games?
Old 02-14-02, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Once on Madden 2002 for my XBox the Cowboys scored!
Old 02-14-02, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Trelach24
Once on Madden 2002 for my XBox the Cowboys scored!
You need to return that copy, it is defective.
Old 02-15-02, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Playing as the Ravens? You better hop off that bandwagon, that was last year....

Trelach24 & Slug : I went 16-0 and won the Super Bowl with the Cowboys on NFL Fever 2002. My copy must really be defective

Last edited by JaxComet; 02-15-02 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-15-02, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes!

My NFL Fever did something strange once.

I punted and the receiver signaled fair catch. the "fair catch" was posted on the screen. The commentator siad "fair catch". I ease up to avoid a penalty and the receiver runs and scores a touchdown! Absolutely true!
Old 02-15-02, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JaxComet
Playing as the Ravens? You better hop off that bandwagon, that was last year....

Trelach24 & Slug : I went 16-0 and won the Super Bowl with the Cowboys on NFL Fever 2002. My copy must really be defective
I am a hometown fan through the good and the bad.
Old 02-15-02, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry to say but I know from experience......there's good, there's bad, and then there's having Mike Nolan as your DC

On the flip side, we have Marvin Lewis
Old 02-15-02, 08:25 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 681 Likes on 457 Posts
Speaking of punt returns......

Has anyone been able to get good at punt returns on Madden 2002 (xbox for me)?

On the NFL Fever demo it was incredibly easy to break a punt return.

On Madden I occasionally get a 20 or 30 yard kickoff or punt return, but never more, and I always use guys with great speed as my returners.

In season replay mode I see that it can happen, but in the 30 or do games that I have played with the controller I've never broken one or had one broken on me. (although I only punt like once a game).
Old 02-17-02, 05:50 AM

That's happened to me on several different versions of Madden over the past 10 years.

It's just a colission detection bug, where the player and the ball can't achieve contact. Because they can't achieve contact, they can't move on to the next logical step, which would be to reach down and pick the ball up.

Your players were replace probably because you have "fatigue subs" selected. For a football player, running around for 3-4 minutes is quite fatiguing, so it's likely that all of your players were just too tired to continue after your "4 minute play".

This bug always gives you a chance to goof around. Try to get creative and make the best of bugs!
:-)
- Mike
Old 02-17-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts
One thing I had happen was after punting, the computer didn't signal fair catch, so I decided I'm totally gonna rail him, right? Well the ball hits me in the head, and then while the ball is flying in the other direction he waves his hand for a fair catch, and I get interference for it.

Also, I was playing against the Vikings, and they sent the TE into motion. Well he ran into Culpepper and moved him two people down. They snapped the ball, but everything was fine. Probably should have been a fumble.
Old 02-17-02, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Trelach24
Sorry to say but I know from experience......there's good, there's bad, and then there's having Mike Nolan as your DC

On the flip side, we have Marvin Lewis

hope spurrier will work out ok