Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Anybody Got Their Hands On Roger Waters In The Flesh???

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-01, 04:18 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't find this title anywhere, and im dying to see it. For those of you who have, how is it???????
Old 12-28-01, 04:33 PM

i bought this at tower on the 24th and they had it for 14.99. it's 16x9 shot on high definiton video. it had 5.1 dd and 2.0, 170 mins long 24 songs
in the flesh/happiest days of our lives/another brick2/mother/filthy hands off my desert/southhampton docks/pigs on the wing1/dogs/welcome to the machine/wish you were here/shine on you1-8/set the controls for the heart of the sun/breate in the air/time/money/pros and cons of hitchhiking/perfect sense1-2/bravery of being out of range/it's a misicle/amused to death/brain damage/exlipse/comfortably numb/each small candle.
i was really impressed by this dvd.....
Old 12-29-01, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
D.V.D. boasts these extras
* 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound
* Surround Encoded PCM Stereo
* 30 Minute Behind The Scenes Documentary
* Band Biographies
* Still Photographs
* Projected Images
* Lyrics
* Technical Sound System Set Up Guide

It's well worth the price of admission. I watched it again tonight for the 3-4 time, and it is awesome. Crystal clear video and audio. Hope that you have a 5.1 system, because you will need it to enjoy all that the DVD has to offer (heavy use of the LFE channel). My favorite section of the DVD is Mother, Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert, Southampton Dock, Pigs on the Wing Part 1, Dogs, and Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-8). If you are a fan of Waters or Pink Floyd, then I highly recommend this DVD.
Old 12-29-01, 01:05 AM

Well ... he really isn't my type
Old 01-02-02, 03:13 PM

Quite possibly the best concert dvd I own.
Old 01-03-02, 05:30 AM
Banned

GOT THIS LAST NIGHT. GREAT PRESENTATION AUDIO AND VISUAL. I TOO AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS CONCERT! GREAT DVD!
SMURR
Old 01-03-02, 08:02 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is one awesome DVD.

I am a huge fan of Waters/Real Pink Floyd.

The AV is fantastic. Some have said they feel the bass is a bit boomy. I don't see it that way. In fact I kind of like the way it is, as Waters is the front man and I think he always wanted bass to be prominant when appropriate.

And the documentary on the preparations for the tour is neat. You get to see them rehearsing in a small theater then moving to a big hangar on an old base to set up the visual/lighting effects.

At the price point you'll find it and if you are a Floyd/Waters fan, this is a no brainer. Funny how I always that the Eagles was my best concert DVD, but that has now been surpassed by the Springsteen and now the Waters DVDs.

You must get this....
Old 01-03-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree. Of all the music DVDs I've purchased recently, this one definitely stands above the others. The only other one I hae been watching alot is U2's Elevtation tour. The Waters disc is simply stunning. It really makes me wish I'd gone to see him on this tour.
Old 01-05-02, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you like PF/Waters, this is a must have - excellent video and sound.

It's one of the best concert DVDs out there - buy it!
Old 01-05-02, 07:45 PM

I went to see Waters twice last summer (Nashville and Cincinnatti) and have been eagerly waiting for this DVD. I am not dissapointed at all. I love it.

BTW, just to make sure, there is not an insert for the In the Flesh DVD, right? Or do I need to return mine?
Old 01-06-02, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RalphWiggum
BTW, just to make sure, there is not an insert for the In the Flesh DVD, right? Or do I need to return mine?
The DVD does not come with an insert booklet. Hold on to your copy.
Old 01-06-02, 10:16 PM
krb

I ordered it from amazon.com because I had a gift certificate. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Waters is easily my favorite songwriter of all time.
Old 01-10-02, 07:28 AM

I finally found a copy yestarday at CC for $15.99. Last one they had. BB didn't seem to have any, but the guy who was "helping" me, was totally clueless. He pointed at W in the music section and said they didn't carry it, turned and walked off.

I don't have many music DVD's, just Metallica's, but this DVD is amazing. The audio is so clear and sounds so good. It is a must have if you like Pink Floyd or Roger Waters.
Old 01-10-02, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've said in alt.music.rogerwaters that this is simply a complete fumble of the football from Sony as far as the marketing and distribution of this great title. And of course Rog will be blamed for the poor sales and lack of interest in his music by his label. It seems like there are just as many people that can't get it as those that have it. It shouldn't be this hard for someone to find it. I guess they figured that the most number of copies any retail outlet would sell would be 1 maybe 2.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 01-10-02 at 02:55 PM.