Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GTA3 Racing Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-01, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTA3 Racing Question

i can't beat this part to save my life. i tried getting the banchee, police car, some gang black fire car. is it that i don't know the road enough? is there anyway to get by it? please help me, i can't stop playing
Old 11-04-01, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used one of the Diablo's Gang member cars to get by that section. It takes a little practice, along with a little help with the lead cars crashing and stuff.
Old 11-04-01, 11:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the Banshee is the car found
Spoiler:
in the car dealership
, then that is the car I used, since it was the fastest one I found. It took a few tries... there's not a lot of room for error, since the other cars are fast and good. Don't try to win the race by bumping the other cars out of the way, because they'll probably win that battle. Just drive clean and drive well, and it's doable. Too bad I totalled the Banshee before I got it back to my hideout... *sob*... maybe I'll find another one somewhere.

Banshee good!
Old 11-05-01, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I won the race fair and square with the Banshee. But here's something you could try, I think it would work. The race doesnt start until you sit in the blue light. Get some big Triad Fish Trucks and other big vehicles and park them perpendicular in front of your opponents' vehicles. The Banshee or the Diablo Stallion should be ideal. If you want to use a Patriot or a Cartel Cruiser, you will give up a little speed but will be able to bump your opponents around. If you can turn your opponent upside down, he can't catch up.

Remember, rubbing is racing.
Old 11-05-01, 03:16 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Cornfed
I won the race fair and square with the Banshee. But here's something you could try, I think it would work. The race doesnt start until you sit in the blue light. Get some big Triad Fish Trucks and other big vehicles and park them perpendicular in front of your opponents' vehicles.
It helps a little bit, but winning is possible without all that. They get around barriers pretty quickly, unless they're fairly elaborate.

Fire bad!
Old 11-05-01, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Have anyone tried to blow up the other three cars before the race starts? I thought about this last night and haven't had a chance to try it. Since I took out the Triad Laundry Trucks with the big Fire Engine I thought about using some left over grenades?
Old 11-05-01, 07:45 AM

I won it using the Banshee (yeah, it's the car in the auto dealer's showroom). Maybe I was just lucky, but it was pretty much a breeze--the lead cars wiped themselves out in huge collisions. All I had to do was drive around them, and I was free and clear.

By the way, I too totaled the Banshee, but it's no big deal. A new one always respawns in there rather quickly (or at least it seems that way to me--I'm not sure when things actually respawn yet). I've picked up COUNTLESS Banshees from that place. You'd think the dealer would start to increase some security in his dealership or something...
Old 11-05-01, 10:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

Cool, thanks for the tip. Now if I can just find the dealership again...
Old 11-05-01, 10:50 AM

Here is what I did.

I took the Banshee and instead of stopping in the blue circle, I just was going as fast as I could and went in between the two cars to the left of the circle. It said go and the rest of the cars started. That gave me a good head start. Then I just went easily through the gates and finished a long way ahead of the rest of the cars. I would always slow down for the corners so I wouldn't wreck or run into anything and I had no problem passing it. I tried to pass it the normal way and I could do it after 3 or 4 trys, so I tried that and it worked. Good luck.
Old 11-05-01, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Static Cling

Cool, thanks for the tip. Now if I can just find the dealership again...
NE side of town, between the gas station and 8-Ball's shop.
Old 11-05-01, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by Aghama

NE side of town, between the gas station and 8-Ball's shop.
Yeah, I think if you just head out of your safe house and take a right, go north and follow the road as it bends around to the right. You might have to jog back a little north. It's kinda hard to miss because it's right next to the gas station, which stands out. The fire house is also right there across the street, in case you want to take the truck for a spin.