Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Why do some threads get moved and others don't?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-01, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For example, my thread on 'Mallrats -- what a waste' (regarding a DVD I bought, watched, and discussed) is moved to "Movie Talk" while a thread regarding movies with food in them stays in the "DVD Talk" forum.

Have I done something wrong here?
I'm just suggesting that you be a little more consistent. Picking favorites isn't the way to go in a public forum.
Old 08-21-01, 11:13 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The mods can't catch every thread. Your thread, and the other one you mentioned should be in movie talk. DVD Talk is only for discussions of the dvd directly. i.e. transfer, sound quality, extras, problems, etc. Movie Talk is for the general movie discussions. Use the "report this post to a moderator" links to report posts you feel should be moved. They need the help as they have a ton of thread to skim over.
Old 08-21-01, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Why do some threads get moved and others don't?

Originally posted by Toad
For example, my thread on 'Mallrats -- what a waste' (regarding a DVD I bought, watched, and discussed) is moved to "Movie Talk" while a thread regarding movies with food in them stays in the "DVD Talk" forum.

Have I done something wrong here?
I'm just suggesting that you be a little more consistent. Picking favorites isn't the way to go in a public forum.
This wasn't my forum (or my decision), but I take exception to your accusation nonetheless. Have you tried contacting the forum moderator by email?

I would suggest that this is not a personal vendetta against you, but rather a moderator who is only human who sees some threads but not others. I'm sure the other thread would get moved if you took a secod and used the 'report post to moderator' function.

I'm just suggesting that you cut that moderator some slack and realize this isn't at all personal. Picking on moderators isn't the way to go in a public forum.
Old 08-21-01, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Picking on moderators? I don't think I did that...I'm sorry, I was under the impression that this is the "Forum Feedback and Suggestions" board. It's called constructive criticism. If you can't take the suggestion, then don't have the board open.

But Josh, thanks for your reply. I actually thought that the "report post to moderator" link was to report only violations of some kind. Thanks!
Old 08-21-01, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Toad
Picking on moderators? I don't think I did that...I'm sorry, I was under the impression that this is the "Forum Feedback and Suggestions" board. It's called constructive criticism. If you can't take the suggestion, then don't have the board open.

But Josh, thanks for your reply. I actually thought that the "report post to moderator" link was to report only violations of some kind. Thanks!
Uhm you accused her of picking favorites. . .which is constructive how? If you are going to make such a personal statement about a moderator, I would suggest you contact them privately.

Again, I can understand hurt feelings and annoyance when 'your' threads are being moderated and you see others being missed, but please consider the possibility that it is due to an error and not some biases.
Old 08-21-01, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Bushdog

Again, I can understand hurt feelings and annoyance when 'your' threads are being moderated and you see others being missed, but please consider the possibility that it is due to an error and not some biases.
Sounds good, I appreciate the reply. I didn't intend to attack any moderator personally. Heck, I don't even know who DID move my thread.

But to clear things up, I don't feel hurt by this. It's not that important to me --- just a geniune question.
Old 08-21-01, 04:18 PM

There are numerous threads that are never moved into their correct forum everyday. The reasons I can see for this are as follows:

1. No one has emailed the moderator
2. Moderator is offline so thus can't check forum or email
3. Not enough moderators
Old 08-21-01, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by codefree
3. Not enough moderators
We were going to make this guy, gotdvd? a Moderator, but he disappeared
Old 08-21-01, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by Kenwood

We were going to make this guy, gotdvd? a Moderator, but he disappeared
You're such a tease! Like that would ever happen! If I get my name changed back is the offer back on the table?
Old 08-22-01, 12:29 AM
Banned

Originally posted by codefree

You're such a tease! Like that would ever happen! If I get my name changed back is the offer back on the table?
Old 08-22-01, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I moved the "Mallrats" thread because it was about the movie and belonged in the Movie Talk forum. joshhinkle basically covered all the reasons why some threads are moved and others aren't. Very few members bother reporting threads (to me), so the ones that are moved are those which are reported or those that I see when I'm browsing the forum. I agree we need more mods, and have made suggestions to Geoff about who to add.

--Heather
DVD Talk moderator