Favorite Soul Calibur Character?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-01, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine would be Yoshimitsu - anyone else?
Old 03-30-01, 08:04 AM

Kilik is my favorite. Ever since I saw his martial arts demonstration, I was hooked. I think he's got some pretty bad-ass moves, too.

My wife (who normally is into the cutesy-type games, but for some strange reason really likes Soul Calibur) differs with me here--her favorite character is Xiang Hua, which is great for me since Hua's so easy on the eyes.
Old 03-30-01, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does she have the action figure yet? Kilik is cool, but I prefer Seung Mina. Played Cervantes for a while too but I wanted something a bit more offbeat. Ivy is a lot of fun to play too, esp the Domination throw lol.
Old 03-30-01, 11:20 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dominate * no pun * with Ivy, she rules! I got 124 wins on survival mode with her! she's my character of choice.

todd
Old 03-30-01, 06:26 PM
Retired

Mitsurugi.
Old 03-30-01, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I always play with Ivy. That underhand toss of the whip amuses me. Plus her laugh seems to infuriate my friends.

Old 03-30-01, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yoshi all the way baby!
Old 03-30-01, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

seung mina, or mitsurugi. really, they're all pretty cool.
Old 03-31-01, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I personally like this character the best....

Sieg.
Old 03-31-01, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Kali-Yuga...

Jack's Kung-Fu is weak against mine. he knows he can not stand before me with such a heavy sword(which is compensating for size). Jack always bows before the might of Kilik.

All your Siegfried are belong to Kilik...

BEGONE

Another random post from your friendly neighborhood
åndy
Old 03-31-01, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

interesting that people like Ivy (I do too) as I've always read she's one of the hardest characters to play. That an experienced player will be able to get in close on her and that she's history then. For me though, my nemesis is Sophitia as I find it hard to defeat her.
Old 03-31-01, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well Mitsurugi of course.
Old 03-31-01, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by stingo
interesting that people like Ivy (I do too) as I've always read she's one of the hardest characters to play. That an experienced player will be able to get in close on her and that she's history then.
Once you learn her really good it extremely hard to get in close.

Old 03-31-01, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have one weakness...

Its people who play hard and know every skill with Mitsurugi. I too know how use him but not as well as some people. He does have one move i absoloutely love. he sheaths his sword....then as the enemy strikes be blocks it and slashes them 3 times twirling his sword and re-sheaths his sword...its kinda like ::voom voom..snik snik!:: WAAAA JEDI! sorry but i have to give credit where credit is due... even though Kilik is my character of choice..oh yeah and BtW Seigfreid sucks

Another random post from your friendly neighborhood
åndy
Old 04-01-01, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Well as the record shows ZERO(also reflecting his win count against me) I can kick your arse like any other 5 year old to your WEAK players. Seigfried is DA MAN! and to be the man, you have to BEAT the man. So beat me if you can. Just bring it, its true, its true, and don't you EEEEEEEEVER say these lies again.. and thats the bottom line..

anyhow. Let me take you back to a time Young Zero first got hooked on soul calibur.

I refused to play simply because siegfried was not unlocked. As i stood by waiting for him to be unlocked, i saw one by one waste there quarters and build up skill and there own little game plan. Zero asked me why i wouldn't want to play and i told him simply because seigfried was not there, and thats my character at the game. nuff said. Then the day came. Seigfried was finally Unlocked. I got my quarters ready and i busted them in. shocked the masses as i laid waste to every single one of them. One by One by one. He may have a big sword, but if you know how to use it right, it can look sickingly evil how it guts you! talk about keeping distance and being full of damage.

Seigfried is THE MAN!

[Edited by Jackskeleton on 04-01-01 at 01:08 AM]
Old 04-01-01, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Im not one to start a flame war but...

Jack...Ill bring the pain..but the real question is....Can you handle it when your bloody body is dying before me? I tell you what Jack..I'll even beat you using your sword weilding..Tiger loving, blonde prissy Anakin wanna-be, unholy armor wearing pretty boy loser girly-man Seigfried. you got that?
Old 04-01-01, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just bring it zero.

I'll toss you out this side of the ring, i'll toss you out that side of the ring, and if you get in the middle of that very ring, i will put my sword into your rotting carcus so i could hear the sound of your bones crunching on the steal.

Just bring it.

Old 04-01-01, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's too bad we couldn't have a DVDTalk Tournament - would be interesting to see how it would unfold...
Old 04-02-01, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Inferno, of course. Same moves as everyone else, but does 6% (IIRC) more damage.