Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Another Sony marketing ploy....this time Nintendo?????

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Another Sony marketing ploy....this time Nintendo?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-01, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Follow this link to videogamespot.....

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2701763,00.html

Nintendo is to release 1/2 of the original 1 million units.......supposedly so they have more units available for other territories!!!! Why the hell did they not produce enough units for those other territories!!!

For anyone who has preordered one.....or want one at release....will this be a major problem or just a bump in the road?
Old 03-28-01, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's not like they can make these things appear out of hot air you know. Production of these is underway with an exspected boost in production in july i think.

I'm sure that every thing will work out okay. For one you don't have nintendo over here talking up a storm about the GBA 10 months before its release (ie PS2). Anyhow, the other 500,000 will be here by the end of the month, not spread out over 5 months like PS2's was.

Everything is going to be fine...
Old 03-28-01, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Believe my Nintendo will be knocking these things out like hotcakes. This will probably be the fasting selling game system ever. I wouldn't worry about getting one, but you may have to wait a week or two if you miss getting one on the launch date.
Old 03-28-01, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They could release 1/4 of the amount and still have 90% left when it hits the shelves.
Old 03-28-01, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Feneant
They could release 1/4 of the amount and still have 90% left when it hits the shelves.
I'll take that wager.

Gameboy is easily the most popular video game machine ever. By an order of magnitude. And with the Advance's backwards compatibility, and virtual monopoly over the portable market, I see great things in Nintendo's future.
Old 03-28-01, 09:27 PM

Feneant, its obvious from this and all you other posts you don't care for Nintendo. However, unlike some of your posts that provide actual points, this one does not.

Sorry to say anyway, you will be wrong. If you are not I will personally buy a new PS2/Xbobx (whatever company you own stock in)

I can guarnatee you Nintendo will sell more then 25,000 units. (Your unit mount sold) In fact I guarantee you that the GBA will be so hot that you are going to feel not so smart come summer time. Oh well.
Old 03-28-01, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
Feneant, its obvious from this and all you other posts you don't care for Nintendo. However, unlike some of your posts that provide actual points, this one does not.

Sorry to say anyway, you will be wrong. If you are not I will personally buy a new PS2/Xbobx (whatever company you own stock in)

I can guarnatee you Nintendo will sell more then 25,000 units. (Your unit mount sold) In fact I guarantee you that the GBA will be so hot that you are going to feel not so smart come summer time. Oh well.

I honestly do not believe this system if that is the term to use.....will be that successful with Gamecube on the horizon!!! I like Nintendo as I do other companies who provide us with fine games.....but why release something like this with Gamecube so close to launch??? Maybe this means Gamecube will not be released this year and will possibly surface next year.....either way.....Gameboy Advance does nothing for me in the sense that most new "systems" have done in the past and that would be to be an attention grabber.....a must buy for me!!
Old 03-28-01, 10:58 PM

I'm not pro claiming the GBA to be the answer to world hunder, or the greatest game system ever either. However, it's nealry guaranteed a success with the popularity of the original GB and the titles available for it.

A common theory is that the GBA will have several interfaces available with the Gamecube, so Nintendo's approach is sort of to use the GBA as a trojan horse to get the Gamecube into more homes. In other words GBA players would be treated to something extra in the game by hooking up to the Gamecube version of the game. Vice versa as well.

So as you can maybe see it will be very tempting for gamers who "love" a game to go out and purchase even other equipment to further enjoy it. (Look at PC gamers).

Nintendo has a near 100% market dominance in the handheld market, and plans to use it to its advantage as much as possible. Not to would just be foolish.

Not including the GBA, I have a feeling alot of people will be surprised with the Gamecube come E3. But hey, I could be wrong. Regardless, the GBA will be a success.