DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Of all the Mario games, which was you favorite? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/92748-all-mario-games-you-favorite.html)

Titmouse 03-20-01 06:20 PM

Mine is probably Super Mario World for the Super NES, with the original Super Mario Bros. for NES next.

Still haven't played Super Mario 64 yet.

jeffdsmith 03-20-01 06:27 PM

Loved then all. All the true mario games that is. Mario64 was indeed sweet being able to play a 3d platformer at the time blew me away.

Kenshin 03-20-01 06:54 PM

Mario All Stars

It had them all.

Josh H 03-20-01 06:55 PM

Tie between SMB 3 and Mario 64.

edytwinky 03-20-01 08:56 PM

Super Mario Brothers 3 is the best!

THX 1138 03-20-01 09:52 PM

Mario 2 on NES was the greatest Mario game ever made.

thegame370 03-20-01 10:02 PM

The original Super Mario Bros. is the best for me, its the most memorable. Next up will be Super Mario Bros 3. When i first saw it in that movie The Wizard with Fred Savage, i was like Whoa!!! Then when i finally bought it i felt blessed.

Original Desmond 03-20-01 10:14 PM

Donkey Kong

CreatureX 03-20-01 10:58 PM

Oh yeah Mario All Stars! ;) Now that is the way you release a collection of classics. Sega missed the boat with its smash pack. :(

I like all the Mario games, but if I had to vote for my favorite:

Super Mario 64
Mario 3
Super Mario World
Mario World 2
Mario 2
Super Mario Bros.

Danimal 03-21-01 12:02 AM

I'd go with Super Mario Brothers 3, that one had the most innovations and I beat it the most times.....about 50. I got to the point where I could beat it in an hour and even played it all the way through, just to say I had done it.

notoriousaurus 03-21-01 12:03 AM

"Mortal Kombat" for Sega Genesis is the best video game ever."

"I disagree it is a very good game but I think Donkey Kong is the best game"

"Donkey Kong sucks"

;)

darkside 03-21-01 02:08 AM

Super Mario RPG is my favorite and Super Mario 64 would be a close second.

MWoody 03-21-01 02:52 AM

Super Mario World for me. They've all been good, but nothing really matched the "man, this is sweeeeet" feeling for me since. Very close decision, though.

Mario is to Nintendo what the Simpsons is to Fox.

KrackerBox 03-21-01 03:52 AM

Originally posted by edytwinky
Super Mario Brothers 3 is the best!

i second that.

Breakfast with Girls 03-21-01 09:44 AM

I'd also say Super Mario RPG. That is one of the best games on the SNES, IMO.

Super Mario World would probably be second.

-Matt

kvrdave 03-21-01 11:34 AM

RPG because it is my favorite genre, but 2 was fantastic. I loved the idea of no score, etc. Great story.

HN 03-21-01 01:24 PM

Mario Kart for N64 :D

hours and hours and hours and hours

--HN

dvdnaut 03-21-01 01:42 PM

I love all of them, but 2 is my favorite. Unlike all other Super Mario games, 2 was fairly difficult. That is the problem with nintendo lately, all their games are too easy. What ever happened to that impossible up against the wall stage that would take ages to finally get past?? I miss those. The sense of accomplishment was so great when they were finally conquered.

BillaRockStar 03-21-01 02:13 PM

Originally posted by dvdnaut
I love all of them, but 2 is my favorite. Unlike all other Super Mario games, 2 was fairly difficult. That is the problem with nintendo lately, all their games are too easy. What ever happened to that impossible up against the wall stage that would take ages to finally get past?? I miss those. The sense of accomplishment was so great when they were finally conquered.
maybe your not 9 years old anymore...hehehe

Mezzanine 03-21-01 04:06 PM

Super Mario Bros. 3 was by far my favorite Mario game of all time, and perhaps my favorite video game of all time as well. Tons of levels, many power-ups, excellent control, lots of secrets, a fun 2-player mode, it had everything (except a game save feature). I played that game for hours every day for months (I was a kid at the time and it was summer vacation :)) Few games have kept me as entertained for as long as Mario 3 did. A true classic.

My second favorite Mario game would be Super Mario Kart (the SNES original).

Scott27 03-21-01 08:51 PM

I'd probably have to say the original Super Mario Bros. is my favorite. But I can't believe no one has mentioned the original Mario Bros. (pre-Super) yet in this thread. Sure, it wasn't the best, but it was still pretty good IMO.

tha_dvd_man 03-21-01 09:28 PM

I think Super Mario World is the best, but my favorite is Mario 3. There was just something really special about that game. Mario64 was an extremely amazing experience at the time, too. But just not as *fun* as M3 and SMW.

TheyCallHimJim 03-22-01 02:36 AM

Mario 64. It's got a nice learning curve, some really interesting levels, the controls are pretty easy to get the hang of but they're darn versatile as well, generally a pretty damn fine game. I also like the way that you don;t have to do everything in the game to finish it, there's plenty to keep you playing after you've completed it, trying to get those last few stars... One thing though, where were the "Super" mushrooms? :(

After that, Super Mario Land on the Gameboy, if only because it's the first Mario game I ever played. Plus, it never ends! You complete it once, and you can go right back to the beginning and play it again on hard level! And then, play it again! And again! And... well, you get the idea... When I was at school, it was always a running challenge who could get the furthest... I think the best I did was getting to about level 2-3 on the 3rd cycle before I died and ran out of continues :( (Of course, after you finished it the second time, you could just use the warp function and jump right to 4-3, if I did that I could finish it almost continually... but that doesn't count...)

Liquid Death 03-22-01 12:05 PM

Super Mario Brothers 3; Super Mario Land on SNES was fun too, but SMB3 just had alot more innovation.

I recently bought SMB1 on my GBC, and its great to reply over and over, but it can't hold a candle to SMB3. And I never did figure out what SMB2 was....

Kenshin 03-23-01 03:38 PM

Mario RPG