Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Crazy Taxi: Dreamcast vs. PS2

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-01, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dreamcast

PS2

The PS2 version looks very jaggy. I know it will look better than in the pics when it's finally done but I doubt it will look as good as the DC version!
Old 03-17-01, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that the top looks better, but the bottem pick doesn't appear to be captured correctly. It is blurred and jagged. I don't really know. For instance I highly doubt the PS2 can't disply "Crazy Drift" without it looking as mangled as it does in that photo.
Old 03-17-01, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, Crazy Taxi on PS2? I'm definitely buying a PS2 sometime soon!
Old 03-17-01, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts
You can't compare a bad digital photo of a pre-beta screenshot with a good capture of a final product and make a meaningful comparison. I bet that the PS2 version will look as good or better than the dreamcast, with new features/levels available. I think Rayman Revolution gives a good idea of what a DC port to the PS2 can look like -- beautiful.
Old 03-18-01, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

gotta love that DC VGA goodness - my box came this week and games never looked better! thanks again!
Old 03-18-01, 08:24 AM

I've got to agree--I'm a DC and PS1 owner (nothing really against the PS2--just nothing out for it that excites me enough to justify buying it) and I think apples and oranges are being compared here. I don't think the screens were captured the same way at all. I know the PS2 is capable of better, and I sure as hell know Sega wouldn't release something that looked like that.

Still, this just makes me all the happier that Sega went the software publisher route. It's what they do best, and we all win.
Old 03-18-01, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im not gonna compare them now cuz those screenshots dont look like they were taken right. But i think that CT would look better on the PS2, but it probably wont feel as good playing it on the PS2. Playing CT on my Dreamcast is forever going to be memorable. Even if PS2 tops it with graphics and extras or whatever, it still wont be the same.
Old 03-18-01, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm very excited to be able to get this on the PS2. My buddy (a big Dreamcast fan early on) started talking trash when he saw the screen shot also. I had to explain to the simple minded man of how many ways the screen could have been screwed up. Bad capture equipment, degrading quality to make web-friendly, etc.
Old 03-19-01, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

honestly, I doubt PS2 crazy taxi will look worse than the dreamcast version. I love my dreamcast, but the PS2 is a more powerful system and, well, that's that. Now, whether acclaim makes a good port remains to be seen (I believe acclaim is doing it, not sega in-house development teams).
Old 03-21-01, 06:22 AM

Originally posted by thegame370

Im not gonna compare them now cuz those screenshots dont look like they were taken right. But i think that CT would look better on the PS2, but it probably wont feel as good playing it on the PS2. Playing CT on my Dreamcast is forever going to be memorable. Even if PS2 tops it with graphics and extras or whatever, it still wont be the same.
die-hard dreamcast fan?
p